cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Dropbox Family Plan be available to Basic users?

Highlighted

Will Dropbox Family Plan be available to Basic users?

Helpful | Level 5

I have read that there is a Dropbox Family plan that is in beta and being offered to some Dropbox Plus customers. I currently have a free Dropbox Basic plan and want to know what a Dropbox Family plan will cost and when it will be available to Dropbox Basic customers. Thanks.

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: Will Dropbox Family Plan be available to Basic users?

Dropboxer

Hey @PHWhite, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Currently, Dropbox Family is currently available to some Dropbox Plus customers. 

If you are on a Plus subscription, you can click Change Plan in your Plan tab to see if it appears as an option. 

For more information, you can also navigate through this article

Let me know if you have any other questions, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Thanks Lusil,

I have two questions:

1) What is the Dropbox Family cost? Dropbox Family is not shown as an upgrade for me, so I cannot see any cost information.

2) Why was my Dropbox Family post initially marked as spam but now is not? I have other Dropbox Community Forum posts that were marked as spam that still are, and I would like to know what to do about that.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @PHWhite, thanks for the interest in the Dropbox Family plan.

We’re constantly building and testing new products and features. As this Family plan is still in beta for specific users, I'm not able to provide pricing at the moment, but please stay tuned for future updates as additional info on the plan is released.

Regarding the spam, the forum can sometimes detect certain posts as spam for various reasons, so posts need to be manually unmarked as spam by the moderator team.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I am deciding if I want to upgrade to Dropbox but I will only do it if I can purchase the family plan that is listed all over the internet. Is there a place I can purchase now?  You will lose a customer if I am not given this option. 

Highlighted

Super User II

@rashford wrote:

Is there a place I can purchase now?

Currently, Dropbox Family is currently available to some Dropbox Plus customers. If you are on a Plus subscription, you can click Change Plan in your Plan tab to see if it appears as an option. For more information, you can also navigate through this article

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Is there anyway to get on the beta plan.  I will pay for Plus plan now.  I have good computer knowledge and about 1.75 TB in both a photo and video folders.  I want to share the drive between myself and 4 family members.  

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @rashford; how are you today?

As previously mentioned, our Family plan is in beta and available to a limited audience at the moment. 

When we have products in beta, we release them only to a small subset of users in order iron out any kinks that might come up.

That said, we expect to release the Family plan broadly later this year so stay tuned! 

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?