Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Will Dropbox email renewal notices with payment options prior to automatically charging my card?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Will Dropbox send advance email notice with options for changing or cancelling account or for changing payment options prior to automatic subscription renewals?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Will Dropbox email renewal notices with payment options prior to automatically charging my card?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Frustrashun - as the auto-renewal is by default on for all of our subscriptions we will just notify you if we stumble upon an issue getting the payment.

In that case we'll let you know that a change in your billing details is required and our system will automatically attempt to re-bill for several times. If it fails too many times to bill you, then the account will be downgraded to our free Basic plan.

You can always cancel the auto-renewal during the subscription's period through the billing tab on your account.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions. Oh, and happy Monday!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Will Dropbox email renewal notices with payment options prior to automatically charging my card?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Frustrashun - as the auto-renewal is by default on for all of our subscriptions we will just notify you if we stumble upon an issue getting the payment.

In that case we'll let you know that a change in your billing details is required and our system will automatically attempt to re-bill for several times. If it fails too many times to bill you, then the account will be downgraded to our free Basic plan.

You can always cancel the auto-renewal during the subscription's period through the billing tab on your account.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions. Oh, and happy Monday!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?