Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Will I keep my existing price point if I switch to an annual subscription now?

Explorer | Level 4

It's very hard to find where you can change to an annual plan (although you advise - and say save more...). When I did, the annual plan was exactly the same (said "save 0 as paying monthly... Isn't there any savings? And - I just got notice that my plan will increase in cost in July, but again - I can get the annual... If I enroll in the annual plan now (billed currently at $9.99, but no savings for 12 months), rather than waiting until the plan goes to $11.99 (annual plan ? who knows...?) will the annual be set at my current rate?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Annual Plan subscription

Super User II
Super User II

The only people who will be able to answer that is support. 

www.dropbox.com/support to log a ticket

http://dropbox.zendesk.com to track

My guess is they've already increased the anual plan as thats the cost for new subscribers. Same as monthly customers now get the new pricing plans. But, as you are a current user you need notification etc. and so it wont update to the new one straight away.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

You can change your plan athttps://www.dropbox.com/account/billing

In terms of price difference between monthly and annual you usually save 2 months fees when you go to yearly billing (i.e. $9.99pm / $99pa). I would assume this will stay the same on the upgraded price plans

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for replying Mark... As I said, when I found where I could choose between monthly or annual account, the yearly amount was exactly the same as the monthly - monthly, $9.99 - annual &119.88 - no savings at all! Now that the monthly cost is going up $2.00/month in July, my question was also whether the annual rate would be for what it is now? (If there is a discount of course it would be even better!)

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Screen shot & my remarks:

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Sorry - I was unable to upload my (.jpg) file - got big brown box/white lettering "An unexpected Error has occurred (twice/same message 2 lines)" I'm not too impressed with this site at this point!

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

The only people who will be able to answer that is support. 

www.dropbox.com/support to log a ticket

http://dropbox.zendesk.com to track

My guess is they've already increased the anual plan as thats the cost for new subscribers. Same as monthly customers now get the new pricing plans. But, as you are a current user you need notification etc. and so it wont update to the new one straight away.

- - -

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?