cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my files be transferred once I change the email address on my Dropbox account?

Highlighted

Will my files be transferred once I change the email address on my Dropbox account?

New member | Level 2

If I change my email address on my dropbox account will all my files be transferred to the new email address?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: If I change my email address on my dropbox account

Dropboxer
Hey @HazelVA, you’re under the right impression, hence all your files will be automatically transferred to your new email address once you switch. 

From there, please keep in mind that when you change your email address, you’ll have to log in to Dropbox with that one & all Dropbox-related notifications will be sent there moving forward. 

I hope that this is helpful to you & please do let me know here in case you have more questions. Happy Monday! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey @HazelVA, you’re under the right impression, hence all your files will be automatically transferred to your new email address once you switch. 

From there, please keep in mind that when you change your email address, you’ll have to log in to Dropbox with that one & all Dropbox-related notifications will be sent there moving forward. 

I hope that this is helpful to you & please do let me know here in case you have more questions. Happy Monday! 

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

What about connected apps? Will they break?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey @cipherguru, thanks for checking with us here & please accept my apologies for the slight delay in replying on my end. Kindly note that if you’ve connected your Dropbox account to third-party services & you’d like to maintain that when changing email addresses, then I can’t guarantee that these will not break, as each application may reset connected apps & this is outside of our control. 

I hope that this helps clarify matters to a certain extent & I’m always here if you have any follow-up questions or thoughts. Thanks again!

Jane

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?