cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 2TB Option?

Will there be a 2 TB option for personal accounts?

D C.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am running out of space with my 1TB drive. Is there an option to get 2TB? I know about Dropbox for business, with 5 Tb, but the price is just not compatible with my needs. It is too big a jump from 1Tb price to minimum of 5 users at $ 15 each.

70 Replies 70

Dubs
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution
Well I want to move but I'm kinda stuck with Dropbox. I need help moving files over to a new cloud cuz my hard drive is small and won't hold everything. I've done it once before with SkyDrive but told myself I'd never do it again. It's a huge pain and really hard on the disk, and I may have lost files in the process.

findwill
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm in the same ball park. I've been a paying customer in one way or another (business plans, personal plans, now the plus plan...) for 5 years. Now days I'm a freelance filmmaker (not a team of 3 or 5 people, just me). I sync everything but source footage to dropbox and I need more than 1TB.

Now I have to find another cloud service and spend a bunch of my time migrating **bleep**. This is stupid.

findwill
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dear Dropbox - there are 7 pages of upset customers right here in this thread (and growing).

mcha
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I desperately need more than 1Tb! Dropbox please consider looking into this - am eyeing up the competition for my cloud storage needs...

TGrimace
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I hate to say it, but I think I'm going to have to switch to Sync.com.  They offer 2TB and 4TB options for individuals.

I'm really not happy about having to switch.  I've been using DropBox for a few years now, and I've been really happy with the service.  But 1TB just isn't enough anymore.

I really don't understand why there isn't a 2TB option.  Hell, I'd use dropbox with two different acccounts, each with a 1TB account, except you can't have more than one dropbox account on a computer on a single windows login.

alissa914
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

I just asked about this as I'm up to 75% of my 1TB allocation currently and fortunately have OneDrive since I use the Office365 so I can put some overflow on that platform.

The problem is that I asked them about the Business plan option after seeing that it was $15 monthly.  Then I read the fine print and it said "for 3 users."  So I asked support if I had to buy 3 licenses and they said, "but you don't have to use the licenses right away" and they kept bringing that point up.  I tried to explain to her if I could just get 1 license at $15 instead of having to be stuck paying for $45 to have 3 licenses with 2 of them that she said that I don't have to use them right away...  she kept insisting this was a good deal to pay for licenses I wouldn't be using.

Sadly, she said in the end that, "well, you could just use our Dropbox Plus and have 1TB...."  and I realized.....  she was incredibly stupid.  

The only reason I don't put my critical files on OneDrive or Google Drive is that those two platforms have problems.  OneDrive periodically gets stuck in some kind of weird issue where it always says, "Processing changes....." and never stops it.  If you have folders with lots of files and subfolders, it often gets lost and takes forever to sync.  Google Drive is one where I've lost lots of files when trying to keep two computers in perfect sync (like an iTunes directory with library files and media files then setting up a directory junction on Windows so when I launch iTunes on my home PC or my laptop that it sees it as the same instance and my iPod Classic can sync to either one without issue -- very convenient).

The only platform that handles that well is Dropbox.  Never had an issue.  Much like when everyone dropped prices on 1TB to $10/mo, Dropbox took a long time to drop those prices but eventually did.  I hope that eventually they come to the conclusion that 2TB at $20 is a reasonable price to pay and we'd probably all end up paying it if they just gave us that option.. even with the same feature set.

eolica
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I would really like to have an intermediate option as well. If nothing happens, I'll have to switch from Dropbox.

alissa914
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

I'm pulling my videos off of Dropbox.  I was using Dropbox solely as a backup platform so I don't need all the multi-PC sync of it.  For 1/2 the price $5/mo, I just signed up for Amazon Drive to back up my 1TB of videos.  It's not pretty and it's not as elegant as Dropbox, but it does what I need..... an off-site backup of videos.  My critical files stay on Dropbox but all the music and videos go there.

They go up to 20TB or more.  And they have a 2TB option for $9.99/mo plus I can scale to 4TB if I need to.

It's just a backup though but that's all I want.  If I want to stream those videos on my phone, I can just use the Amazon Drive app and I'm good.

It's not a sync like Dropbox but a backup platform like Carbonite except it backs up video files 🙂    So if I make changes, it will grab them on the next scan and send them over.  Kind of like "upload mirror."

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey everybody, 

I’ve been catching up on your comments and suggestions about our plans. You all make some good points, and have some interesting ideas. I have gathered up your feedback, and sent it to our team, so they’re aware. 

Thanks! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

alissa914
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

I was watching the TWIT.tv show Know How and they were talking about Synology NAS boxes.  Apparently, you can store your files on that and you can configure it to work off multiple cloud services.  Like, you can set up a share and put your videos in one and the NAS will sync that to Dropbox, let's say.  Music can go in another share to OneDrive so you can use that with Groove music and stream in the cloud with Groove on PCs, for example.  I hope to get one and try that out.  If that's works as they showed it does, it may at least hold me over until Dropbox gets this whole 2TB thing sorted out.

Need more support?