cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there be a 2 TB option for personal accounts?

Will there be a 2 TB option for personal accounts?

D C.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am running out of space with my 1TB drive. Is there an option to get 2TB? I know about Dropbox for business, with 5 Tb, but the price is just not compatible with my needs. It is too big a jump from 1Tb price to minimum of 5 users at $ 15 each.

70 Replies 70

Joe C.23
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I cant reach a live person no matter how hard I try....So can I get an official dropbox support agent to please answer my question? here it is -

Is there ANY plans in the future to add a 2TB option? If so, when? 

I need more space asap. 1TB is all filled up. Im not a business and therefore dont need a business account at 75 dollars per month....Thats a waste of money for me. I dont have moneey to waste. As a regular everyday guy, I just need a 2tb upgrade option. Is this so hard to implement? Please advise.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Dropbox do not release roadmaps I'm afraid. You won't get a live person unless you are a Business user. 

All you can do is post an email to www.dropbox.com/support

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Richard P.
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Dropbox had a larger plan and discontinued it, so I wouldnt expect a 2TB plan any time soon.

Tomeu A.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I also need more than 1tb. Let's see who is the first company who offers that

Joe C.23
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I contacted dropbox support before making this post a wekk or so ago and have heard NOTHING back...

And as far as a different company offering 2GB storage, MEGA.NZ does! The problem I found with them is the payment options suck! The only 2 available is a bank transfer to their bank in GERMANY.....Or bitcoin. 

Both of those options suck....I emailed them and told them they need better payment options like PAYPAL....Mega.nz support emailed this response to me - 

-----------------------------------

"Dear Joe, 

Thank you for your support and thank you for using MEGA!

PayPal has ceased processing MEGA customer payments effective immediately at the end of February 2015. MEGA is aware of a report published by NetNames (partially funded from the MPAA supported Digital Citizens Alliance) that incorrectly claims MEGA's business to not be a legitimate cloud storage service. MEGA is aware that Senator Leahy (Vermont, Chair Senate Judiciary Committee) then pressured Visa and MasterCard to cease providing payment services to the companies named in that report. Visa and MasterCard then pressured PayPal to cease providing payment services to MEGA.

Mega has published an independent report which refutes claims that the site is a piracy haven. The analysis, carried out by Olswang, an international law firm that previously worked with the UK government on copyright issues, concludes that claims in a 2014 NetNames report have “no factual basis whatsoever.” For all information please read here: https://mega.nz/#blog_34"

-----------------------------------

Good ol' american government.....Pushing businesses around and trying to control everything....Upsetting to say the least,eh? But I digress...

I might go ahead do the bitcoin or transfer anyway though because I REALLY REALLY REALLY need more space. 1gb is not enough and I am not paying 75/month - I dont need 5 licenses, dropbox!!!!!!

Too bad...If anyone finds a different company that offers paypal as an option to buy a 2gb or 5gb space, please post it here so we can all see it! Or just msg me! 😄

And for anyone wondering, Mega.nz is a great service. They give you 50gb for a free account! So, ya I may go over there, soon......Dropbox and others like googlesync, etc. - just do what they want cause their rich, they dont care about you and me.....Thats evident. Typical American company...GreedGreedGreed....

Tomeu A.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thanks for the info. I have been thinking also about Mega but the 2tb option is 199$/year. I think that's a bit expensive. I guess it's just a matter of time when all companyies will offer a 2tb option. But I have read really good reviews about Mega

RobertoMaria
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Apple iCloud just raised it to 2TB!

R

fernando t.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

need 2TB as well, videos take a lot of space... there was a time when dropbox went ahead of our needs, now is falling behind

g. gacctom
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I Very very need for 2T option. If dropbox update 1T to 2T for standard then i will purchase it.

G S.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I really like Dropbbox and have been loyal for years.  I need 2TB now and there is an icloud upgrade button at a reasonable price - albeit with fewer features - on my iphone....

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

g. gacctom New member | Level 2
    fernando t.3 New member | Level 1
    kevinohlsson Explorer | Level 4
    Marc D.6 New member | Level 2
    Stephan K.6 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?