cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there be a 2 TB option for personal accounts?

Will there be a 2 TB option for personal accounts?

D C.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am running out of space with my 1TB drive. Is there an option to get 2TB? I know about Dropbox for business, with 5 Tb, but the price is just not compatible with my needs. It is too big a jump from 1Tb price to minimum of 5 users at $ 15 each.

70 Replies 70

Emil S.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same here - if Dropbox doesn't offer more storage before New Years I don't think I will renew my license. It's time for 2TB instead of 1TB.

Not quite there yet, but when I'm out of space I will look for alternatives (the business model just doesn't cut it for personal use).

Dubs
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

I want 2TB as well, but wouldn't mind 5TB either.. even better, unlimited! Dropbox desperately needs an upgrade.. physical memory is getting cheaper and cheaper by the year, and doubling in size. Videos do take up a lot of space, including the new 4K videos.

Dubs
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

I've been paying for Pro since last year, and their service/infrastructure doesn't appear to be improving. Still waiting on their Project Infinite. Honestly, 1TB is not enough anymore... bring out the PB! I've been storing stuff on Mega just to make room in Dropbox.

georgegermanos
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I definitely would be interested in 2TB also. Backing up my photolibrary takes up almost 1TB alone. It's almost 2017 - get with it dropbox!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Dubs wrote:

Still waiting on their Project Infinite.

Keep in mind that Project Infinite is likely going to be a Business/Enterprise-only feature. It was announced on the Business blog; not the regular Dropbox blog (where global features are usually discussed).

Matt T.10
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

A 2TB plan is definatly needed. I have close to running out of space and Dropbox Business doesn't have camera upload a feature I rely on heavily for syncing photos across mine and my wife's phone as well as part of my backup solution for them.

Even Apple are now offering 2TB on iCloud and I have been tempted to switch everything over.

www . c.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I need 2TB. 1 TB is smal. 
Bussiness is for 5 user. Not good.

kevinohlsson
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Any news?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Unfortunately the official line is if you want/need more than 1TB you need to use Dropbox for Business. Unfortunately this then comes with a $15/user price tag and a minimum of 5 users.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

g. gacctom
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Very very need 2T for store data. My 1T is run out of data.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

g. gacctom New member | Level 2
    fernando t.3 New member | Level 1
    kevinohlsson Explorer | Level 4
    Marc D.6 New member | Level 2
    Stephan K.6 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?