cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worried That Account Has Been Deleted

Worried That Account Has Been Deleted

hocusreports
New member | Level 2

Hello:

I am very concerned. I have used Dropbox for many years. I save all of my files on it (my life's work really). I rarely visit the site because I use it solely for storage. Today, I was not able to get in. It is acting as if I am trying to set up a new Dropbox and not giving me access to my thousands of files. I saw messages on the community board indicating that other accounts have been deleted for inactivity. This horrifies me.

One response indicated that an account would have received notices if the account was to be deleted. I have not received such notices. My entire purpose in paying for Dropbox for many years was security. I am concerned that I have lost a lifetime of work. I really need some means to retrieve these files in the event that they really have been deleted.

The last time that I am sure that I used the service was about a year ago when I went in to pull down some photos.

I hope someone can help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Worried That Account Has Been Deleted

Mark
Super User II

Hi @hocusreports 

Are you still a paying user? If so the account wont have been deleted. 

If you are not paying and you are definitely logged in to the right account then I'm afraid its not recoverable - all data is lost once its deleted. Check emails to see what account you used to use and see if it matches this email now.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Hi @hocusreports 

Are you still a paying user? If so the account wont have been deleted. 

If you are not paying and you are definitely logged in to the right account then I'm afraid its not recoverable - all data is lost once its deleted. Check emails to see what account you used to use and see if it matches this email now.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

hocusreports
New member | Level 2

Mark:

Thank you for your response.

I believe that I have been paying all along.

I continued trying to get in after I put up my post and it now appears that I am in my account. I am not able to say what I did different that finally got me in. But I am going to try to calm down and then get the filed that I needed to access.

Rob

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

hocusreports New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?