cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Your sharing activity has been suspended for 24 hours due to issues with one of your files.

Your sharing activity has been suspended for 24 hours due to issues with one of your files.

casey2942
Explorer | Level 4

Email received:

Your sharing activity has been suspended for 24 hours due to issues with one of your files.

Your links won't work during this time, and you won't be able to create new ones. If you think this was done in error, you can restore your sharing now.

I followed the link, and it error'd out.  It says this:

There was a problem. Please contact support for further assistance with removing your temporary ban.

Every support link I follow doesn't give me an email or person to talk to.  What do I need to do here to fix this?

7 Replies 7

Re: Your sharing activity has been suspended for 24 hours due to issues with one of your files.

Rich
Super User II

@casey2942 wrote:

Every support link I follow doesn't give me an email or person to talk to.  What do I need to do here to fix this?

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly.

casey2942
Explorer | Level 4

Understood, but how?  I don't see an email, I see chat (bot)...but no way to file a ticket.  Am I missing it?

Mark
Super User II

Support options are dependent upon your account type, so, if you are a free user you will be restricted access. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

casey2942
Explorer | Level 4

So to confirm, as a free user, there's nothing I can do and must start with a new account if I wish to enable sharing again?

suresht
New member | Level 2

I am having EXACTLY the same problem.  All requests to support go to 'CHATBOX' which does not solve anything for free users. What is the way forward?

Amy
Community Manager

Hi @casey2942, we checked this with the team and they looked into this, so we have an update. Earlier this week, you may have received an email from us stating that your sharing activity had been temporarily suspended.

The temporary suspension of your sharing activity and the email notification was caused by a mistake on our end. We have resolved the issue and sharing activity on your account is fully operational.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you.

casey2942
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks, Amy!  Will try again today.

Need more support?