cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account removed after kickt out of team

Highlighted

account removed after kickt out of team

Explorer | Level 3
hello ,

i have a question , my acount is compleet removed and now i have lost everything.
it said i had the wrong email but i used autologin for years?

is there somthing to get all my photo’s and docs back?
17 Replies 17
Highlighted

Re: account removed after kickt out of team

Dropboxer

Hi there @bastimans; welcome to the Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

Can you please let me know what is the specific error when you try to log into your account so as to ensure we're on the same page? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
i get the error email or passwordt is wrong , so i try to make a new with the same account and now everthing is gone
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @bastimans, it sounds like you had an old account, perhaps one that wasn't accessed for over 12 months, so you created a new account, which isn't possible if the account was still active.

If this is the case, then it wouldn't be possible to reactivate the old account, or regain access to the old files from there.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
i have used my account everyday , i stored pictures and files for work in there , so it is weirdt that they deleted my account for no reason? if this is true they need to work to get everything back like it was because there are documents on it that need to come back.
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Were you part of a Dropbox Business team at all, or was this a personal account?

If so, have you contacted the team admin for more information?

Jay

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
my persenal account was linked at a Business team account with 4 others , that stopped and my account and i wasnt able to login again , i have contact them and they say that i need to look if i was out of the group , and i wasnt in the group anymore
Highlighted

Dropboxer

It seems that when they removed you from the team, they deleted your account, @bastimans.

This would explain why you were able to create a new account under the same email address.

In this case, you'll need to reach out to the previous team admin, and see if they also transferred your files to another member of the team when deleting your account.

If they did, you can request them to reshare the files with you.

Daphne

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
they had no acces to my account because its was a private account with a team map in it. so they cant deleted it because i have my acount for 3 years now?
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
is there no backup server for if there goes somthing wrong?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?