cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account without the paid plan

account without the paid plan

Sus_F
Explorer | Level 4

Hi. I hope somebody can help. Here is the issue: I modified the email address and related password in July, and also paid for a Dropbox Plus - 2TB. However, I opened it 3 days ago and it shows a basic 2 GB account, with not a single one of my files. I sent an email to get support, but I haven’t received any answer (according to Dropbox Italy website, every request is processed in 1-2 days). How can I re-gain access to my files and get back the space I paid for? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

8 Replies 8

Re: account without the paid plan

Rich
Super User II

@Sus_F wrote:

I modified the email address and related password in July, and also paid for a Dropbox Plus - 2TB. However, I opened it 3 days ago and it shows a basic 2 GB account, with not a single one of my files.

It sounds like you're signed in to a different, empty account. Have you tried signing in with your other email address?

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @Sus_F, I hope you're doing well! 

It sounds like you could have two Dropbox accounts. 

You can always use our self-serve look-up tool, in order to locate the account linked to the charge. 

Can you give it a go, and let me know what you find?

Cheers!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Sus_F
Explorer | Level 4

I tried, but I got a message stating that a verification code was sent to the previous email, to which I no longer have access to.

Lori
Dropboxer
In this case, the best thing you can do is cancel the paid plan @Sus_F.

Can I ask for your ticket number, from your communication with our support?

Then you can purchase additional storage on the Dropbox account you have access to.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Sus_F
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Lori, I'll try. However, in the meanwhile, do you know if there is a way to check how many accounts (free or paid) one email is linked to? Thanks

Sus_F
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Lori, what will happen to my online only file in such a case? It seems that if no file migration is guarantee, I will lose them all.

Mark
Super User II

One email can only be linked to one account. There is no way to have more. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Sus_F
Explorer | Level 4

@ Thanks. In such a case, I hope my files are still linked to the old email address and maybe @ can help with this...

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sus_F Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
    Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?