cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buydropbox phishing scam?

Highlighted

buydropbox phishing scam?

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I received an email from "dropbox@buydropbox.com" that someone tried to access my account and to verify whether this was me by clicking on Yes or No. Email looks exactly like other emails I've received when I did use another device to access my account. Since the Outlook mail app listed only "Dropbox" as the sender, I wouldn't have noticed the "@buydropbox.com" part if I didn't open up the down carrot. Anyone else getting these messages? Also, just wanted to pass this along to the security team.

thanks

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: buydropbox phishing scam?

Dropboxer

Hey @bh1980, thanks for reaching out to us about this. 

Generally, the first step is to check the domain that was used for email, and you did great with noticing that it was not one of them.   

You can find a list of official domains used, here

From there, you can forward the suspicious email to abuse@dropbox.com and our team will investigate. 

Follow those steps, and let us know if you have any trouble along the way or any other questions. 

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?