cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't disconnect person and biz accounts

Highlighted

can't disconnect person and biz accounts

New member | Level 2

Hi - I'm leaving a freelance gig where I've had access to their biz account, whilst still keeping my personal account (and being billed for it by DB).

However, when the biz admin tried to disconnect the accounts, my personal account (and my personal log in) both disappeared. I nearly lost all my files AND was unable to log in to DB.

They were kind enough to reconnect me to backup my personal folder, but what gives?

I connected the personal and biz accounts per DB's instructions a few months back, but it seems like now I can't take my stuff out from under the umbrella of the biz account.

Do I have to lose my account and start a new one?

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: can't disconnect person and biz accounts

Dropboxer

Hi @Bom_32; thanks for joining our Community!

Can you please clarify if you connected 2 separate accounts, one of them being a personal one and the other one part of a business team, or if you used your existing account to join the team? 

In the former case, you can follow these steps to disconnect them, however, if the latter is what happened, you'll need to contact your team's admin to have them convert your account back to an individual one. 

Let me know how it goes.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: can't disconnect person and biz accounts

New member | Level 2

Thanks so much for the response Walter!

I believe that it's the latter: I used my personal account to join the team... I think this is the case because I don't see an option in the settings to "disconnect" my accounts. Also, when they initially cut my access, my PW and ID for my personal account no longer worked.

I will contact the Admin at the company and have them convert my account. Will report back.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?