cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't replace WRONG DB desktop app with CORRECT one. Keeps installing old one.

can't replace WRONG DB desktop app with CORRECT one. Keeps installing old one.

jjk28
New member | Level 2

I am getting stuck trying to close an account with the wrong, old email address, and transfer files all to gmail address account. When I uninstall the "aol" Dropbox desktop app and reinstall from the GMAIL desktop account... it reinstalls the AOL desktop app instead.

3 Replies 3

Re: can't replace WRONG DB desktop app with CORRECT one. Keeps installing old one.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @jjk28, thanks for posting today!

Could you try signing out of the desktop app while it's installed by following these steps in the preferences?

Afterwards, you can sign into the correct account on the app.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: can't replace WRONG DB desktop app with CORRECT one. Keeps installing old one.

jjk28
New member | Level 2
Jay,
Thank you! I was hoping to dekete the aol account and everything associated with it, not just leave it all in there but signed out. How do I accomplish this?

Jay
Dropboxer
No worries, you can delete the AOL Dropbox account itself, and all files online, from the site using these steps

Afterwards, you can delete the local Dropbox folder with the files, before you sign into the new account.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?