cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downgraded without consent - did not want this, now cant access support

downgraded without consent - did not want this, now cant access support

mercy_gt
Helpful | Level 6

Our company account seems to have been downgraded to personal/basic account overnight without anyone actively making this happen on our end. We do not want to downgrade. 

There is a red banner advising:

"Your [company] Dropbox and 16 others are full. Get more space for your team by upgrading to Dropbox Business."

I have 16 team members about to sign on tomorrow morning who use it regularly and will definitely panic about the banner/being downgraded and not being able to sync content. They are not a super tech savvy group so I need to get this fixed asap.

We pay yearly, and it's not even close to being due (July) so there is clearly a mistake/glitch. Since I've been downgraded, the admin panel has become useless and there is no direct way to contact support. There is also, seemingly, no way to contact support on the main site - any time I click a link it loops me back to the dropbox.com/support page. I can't even click in to my old support tickets, just loops back again. 

How do I get support to contact and help fix it? I've tried all the tricks like clearing cache and going in via incognito - nothing is working. 

Thanks in advance for any advice

G

8 Replies 8

Mark
Super User II

If you've been downgraded then there is a reason for it - are you the team admin? There are lots of email notifications before downgrades occur. 

You may want to try and contact Sales in the morning to see if they can help

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

mercy_gt
Helpful | Level 6

I am an admin - no prior emails leading up to this. 

Talked to sales over the weekend, they were no help and pointed to customer service, which again, I can't seem to find an access point for. 

Rich
Super User II

@mercy_gt wrote:

... pointed to customer service, which again, I can't seem to find an access point for. 

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

mercy_gt
Helpful | Level 6

UPDATE: 

Ended up renewing for a one-month payment for our whole team JUST so we could access the admin panel and billing. Our subscription was definitely still active and the customer support we could access through admin panel after renewing one month have now sent this on for investigation because it should not have happened. Phew. NOT quietly going crazy over here, after all. 

Great and very prompt customer service but had to pay to get it back-thankfully they will reimburse once our existing subscription is reapplied. 

Pavoke
New member | Level 2

I have a big problem!

I've been going in circles in Dropbox for more than 2 hours,

- All the contents of my Dropbox have disappeared!!!!!

- Dropbox apparently unexpectedly reduced my account from Professional to Basic!

I can't contact the support because

- The chatbot provides insufficient or incorrect information. It does not understand my situation.

- I cannot use priority email support and support via live chat because my account only exists as Basic.

I don't know what to do to recover all the data I have saved for years.

The account definitely exists and is obviously not locked! I have access.

- a few correct app links are visible in the account.

- Uploads from some apps e.g. yesterday are visible. Others only from 2020.

I have been using Dropbox since at least 2017 and switched to Dropbox Professional many years ago.

In June 2023, the annual amount was - as usual - automatically deducted from the PayPal account by Dropbox.

Now I realise that ALL the contents of my Dropbox have disappeared and I only have Dropbox Basic.

That can't be the case!

Please help me to solve the problem.

If you cannot help me yourself, please forward my request to the appropriate office. Thank you very much.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Pavoke, sorry to see you're having trouble.

Let's see if we can figure this out together.

How did you realize that your account was downgraded? After signing in on a new device for example?

If so, is it possible that you signed in with the wrong login info?

Do you see any payment history in this or this page?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Pavoke
New member | Level 2

As is so often the case, the fault is in front of the PC and not in it!!!
I logged in with the wrong user 🙈...... and didn't notice it ..... Shame on me 😥.... The account still exists as it should .... everything is ok ... Thanks for your support ...😅

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

No worries at all, it happens more often than you think! 🙂

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Have a great weekend!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Pavoke New member | Level 2
    mercy_gt Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?