cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downgraded without consent - did not want this, now cant access support

downgraded without consent - did not want this, now cant access support

mercy_gt
Explorer | Level 3

Our company account seems to have been downgraded to personal/basic account overnight without anyone actively making this happen on our end. We do not want to downgrade. 

There is a red banner advising:

"Your [company] Dropbox and 16 others are full. Get more space for your team by upgrading to Dropbox Business."

I have 16 team members about to sign on tomorrow morning who use it regularly and will definitely panic about the banner/being downgraded and not being able to sync content. They are not a super tech savvy group so I need to get this fixed asap.

We pay yearly, and it's not even close to being due (July) so there is clearly a mistake/glitch. Since I've been downgraded, the admin panel has become useless and there is no direct way to contact support. There is also, seemingly, no way to contact support on the main site - any time I click a link it loops me back to the dropbox.com/support page. I can't even click in to my old support tickets, just loops back again. 

How do I get support to contact and help fix it? I've tried all the tricks like clearing cache and going in via incognito - nothing is working. 

Thanks in advance for any advice

G

4 Replies 4

Re: downgraded without consent - did not want this, now cant access support

Mark
Super User II

If you've been downgraded then there is a reason for it - are you the team admin? There are lots of email notifications before downgrades occur. 

You may want to try and contact Sales in the morning to see if they can help

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

mercy_gt
Explorer | Level 3

I am an admin - no prior emails leading up to this. 

Talked to sales over the weekend, they were no help and pointed to customer service, which again, I can't seem to find an access point for. 

Rich
Super User II

@mercy_gt wrote:

... pointed to customer service, which again, I can't seem to find an access point for. 

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

mercy_gt
Explorer | Level 3

UPDATE: 

Ended up renewing for a one-month payment for our whole team JUST so we could access the admin panel and billing. Our subscription was definitely still active and the customer support we could access through admin panel after renewing one month have now sent this on for investigation because it should not have happened. Phew. NOT quietly going crazy over here, after all. 

Great and very prompt customer service but had to pay to get it back-thankfully they will reimburse once our existing subscription is reapplied. 

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?