cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email address is wrong, not gettng verification email from drop box. How do I fix the email address

Highlighted

email address is wrong, not gettng verification email from drop box. How do I fix the email address

Explorer | Level 3

I'm trying to do something in Dropbox, and it needs to verify my email address, but the email address it says it's going to use is wrong. How do I tell Dropbox what my correct email address is? I have looked at my settings, and the email address is correct, but somewhere within Dropbox records, it's misspelled. How do I fix this?  My correct email address is [personal information removed as per Community Guidelines].  I'm not sure I will receive replies through dropbox if you have a solution because it's likely to go to the address that is not correct.

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: email address is wrong, not gettng verification email from drop box. How do I fix the email add

Dropboxer

Hi there @Kaye-Marie Newell, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Could you let me know what action you're trying to take when you're prompted to verify your email address?

Also, in your account settings what option in blue do you see next to your email address? Does it show "Edit"?

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: email address is wrong, not gettng verification email from drop box. How do I fix the email add

Explorer | Level 3

Daphne:

I needed to send a confidential document to my home office in Texas.  I was told to utilize Dropbox for those types of communications.  When I attempted to do so, I got the pop up telling me that Dropbox was sending me a verification to [email removed as per Community Guidelines].  That email address is incorrect, so I never received anything.  When I look at my settings, my email address is correct; [email removed].  I don't find where I can go to tell Dropbox that they have an incorrect record for my email address so when they send me a verification it fails.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Kaye-Marie Newell!

In your account settings, can you try clicking "Edit" next to the email address and enter it again to see if that will update the change and send you the verification email?

If not, then I'd suggest reaching out to our Support team to investigate further as we'll need to look into some account specific info.

To do this, please visit this page via an incognito window (so you're not signed into your account) and fill in the relevant info under the "Submit a help request" section.

I hoe this helps!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

There is a blue "edit" option in my settings next to my e-mail.  The problem is not there.  The problem is that somewhere internally my email address is incorrect.  On the record I can see it's correct, but the notifications that pop up telling me they need to send me an email.......that address is wrong.  I don't know how to go about changing that one.  I've taken my email address out, and retyped it only to have the system tell me that that account already exists and to use a different email.  The chat bot is not equipped to resolve this one.  I need to speak with a person that can explore my account and correct the problem.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

It is a rather strange issue indeed @Kaye-Marie Newell, and would be best to look into this through our Support channel.

To reach out to the team, while signed out of your account or through an incognito window, please visit this page. From there, you can fill in the relevant details under the "Submit a help request" section.

You'll receive a ticket number which you can let me know here (eg. #1234567) and I can pass along all the info you've provided already.

Keep me posted!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?