cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forgot user name and password. how can i recover my photoes and videos

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: forgot user name and password. how can i recover my photoes and videos

Dropboxer
Hey there @Ashif

At first, please bear in mind that your email address is your username for your Dropbox account. If you’re not sure what the email address on your Dropbox account is, you can find it from a device you linked to your account, through a folder you shared, or through your payment information if you purchased a subscription.

Spoiler
More specifically, you can find the email address associated with your Dropbox account:
  • From the desktop app: Click the Dropbox icon in your menu bar or system tray > Select the gear icon > Click Preferences > Go to Account.
  • From the mobile app: Open the Dropbox app > Tap Settings.
  • From a shared folder with someone: Ask that person to go to the shared folder you have with them and click on the Share button that appears on the right hand side when they hover over the folder. From the list that appears, they’ll be able to see your email address.
  • From a credit card charge: You can follow the steps outlined here if you have a paid subscription. 
Once you find the email address connected to your Dropbox account, and you still don’t remember the relevant password, you can check out this article on more info to resetting your password. If you don’t have access to your email address though, please check out this link

If you’re still having trouble with this, please submit a ticket to our Support team for a more in-depth look on the matter. 

Hope this helped to some extent!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
How do I look for my image
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hi there @Kumalsharma

In general, you can look for files through the:
  • Desktop app: Since the Dropbox folder is just like any other folder on your computer, you can manually look through your content as you would with any other on your hard drive. 
  • Website: You can check out this article for more info and steps.
  • Mobile app: If you remember the name of the file, you can just tap on the magnifying glass that’s at the top of your screen and type in the name. 
If you recently added the photo, you may also be able to locate it through your Recents.

Additionally, you can also see more details on changes that have occurred to your account’s content, including additions by checking out your events page

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?