cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fraud charge on my credit card

fraud charge on my credit card

nick s
New member | Level 2

I was logged out of my account and couldn't get back in because it was associated with my previous employer.  I had no way to get the account recovered from email.  I tried to provide my transaction ID and logged two tickets (11957679 and 11929308).  I received an auto reply via zendesk.  More than 10 days went by with no resolution.  My account was set up as auto pay, so I was going to get billed again with no way to stop it.  I was very concerned I could not chat with anyone becuase I was not logged in (the company block you from any real contact unless you're logged in).  Later, I was able to locate my pw and logged in.  The chat team was not able to locate these two tickets.  My concern is fruad.  The company knows I could not log in and thus, cancel.  I understand I could dispute the bill with AMEX, but customers should not have to do this.  What if they forget?  How much time can go by, etc?   Is it easy to dispute once the deadline for auto renew occurs?  Ultimately, this loophole would allow DropBox to auto bill my account against my will.  Further, the company has shown no real effort to resolve the issue.  I'm trying to make it known of this fraudulent loophole to the IT team, Internal Audit, Compliance and Risk Officer, and ultimately the community.  Quite frankly it is stealing money when a customer is locked out and cannot reach anyone at the company.  I have two tickets that the Chat team couldn't find!  How is that possible?  Fraud - that's how.  Just like when Wells Fargo knowingly abused their customers.  What I would like to have a response to is, what is the status of these two tickets?    

3 Replies 3

Re: fraud charge on my credit card

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @nick s, thanks for contacting us.

I understand your frustration over this matter.

When you submitted a ticket, did you submit a billing query by logging into a Dropbox account, like the one you're posting on the forum with?

After logging into any account, you can click this support link, scrolling down to 'Submit a help request', and providing as much info as possible. The support team would then be able to locate the transaction on their end and assist further.

Regarding the two tickets you have mentioned, these appear to be under a different account to your current profile, so we wouldn't be able to provide any info on them for security and privacy purposes.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

nick s
New member | Level 2

Jay,

Thanks for the response.  There are 2 issues with your response rendering it incorrect and unhelpful to the community.

1.  I created the ticket and dropbox auto emailed me the ticket number and the issue.  So, the notion that there is a security issue simply isn't true.  

2.  "After logging into an account..." you said, but that's the problem.  I couldn't log in... So, you can see why that's a problem.

Simply put, I couldn't log in.  I couldn't get help from DropBox.  I couldn't stop them from billing me.  Nobody at Dropbox can find my tickets.  That's because they weren't being worked.  Like I said, it's fraud and I want the community to see it.

Jay
Dropboxer
As you've posted on the forum, it means you're already logged into a Dropbox account you might not be aware of.

You can also submit a payment query without having access to any Dropbox account on this page.

Provided you enter an email to which you do have access, you'll receive the automated response and the team will be able to assist further.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?