cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

got 25GB free storage with new computer but once signed up I really only have 2

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

So I buy a new ASUS laptop.  I click on a promotion saying new users get 25GB free for 6 months for signing up, so I did.   I then discovered that only 2GB was available.   I spent the $9.99 for the upgrade as I needed to share some files and 4 hours later all I have are part of the uploaded files.    So far Dropbox is the worst service Ive ever tried for this and I want my $9.99 back

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: got 25GB free storage with new computer but once signed up I really only have 2

Super User
Super User

2 GB is what you get for signing up period.

The other space was a bonus of sorts a promotion with a certain provider. Those promotions require certain things to be done before you will gain the free space.

https://www.dropbox.com/help/9120 

Sounds as if you have not completed the five getting started steps. 

Your device may be eligible if the Dropbox installer is pre-loaded on your device.
To redeem the promotion, complete at least five steps of the Get started guide.
This promotion is only available for new Dropbox users. If you link your ASUS device to an existing Dropbox account, you won’t receive promotional space.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: got 25GB free storage with new computer but once signed up I really only have 2

Super User
Super User

2 GB is what you get for signing up period.

The other space was a bonus of sorts a promotion with a certain provider. Those promotions require certain things to be done before you will gain the free space.

https://www.dropbox.com/help/9120 

Sounds as if you have not completed the five getting started steps. 

Your device may be eligible if the Dropbox installer is pre-loaded on your device.
To redeem the promotion, complete at least five steps of the Get started guide.
This promotion is only available for new Dropbox users. If you link your ASUS device to an existing Dropbox account, you won’t receive promotional space.

View solution in original post

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?