cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get a refund and speak to a real person

how to get a refund and speak to a real person

SengaGlacier
Explorer | Level 4

I just noted i have been being charged monthly by Dropbox over 2 years for no reason, as i only use free basic plan. and i email billing-support@dropbox.com last week, so far no one replied me yet. 

the chatbot is useless, hating talking to stupid programme.

shall i terminate my credit card first then argue?

30 Replies 30

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Hi @SengaGlacier, I've sent you an email, please could you reply to it when you get a chance!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

SengaGlacier
Explorer | Level 4

i replied, and provide my bankdetails show the direct debit from my account, no more further feedback. i had cancel my credit card 

SengaGlacier
Explorer | Level 4

actually my problem not soved, and closed without any notice.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-accounts-billing/how-to-get-a-refund-and-speak-to-a-real-per...

and no dropbox staff helped, only someone, i am not sure real person or robot asked me same question again.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Hey @SengaGlacier, sorry to hear you're still having issues with this.

I was able to locate your ticket on our system and I saw that you haven't replied back to the agent handling your request and the ticket is closed now.

Would you like me to open a new one for you? 

Keep in mind that in order to move forward with your request you'll need to respond to your ticket by email. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

tstrong
New member | Level 2

I need a refund. My card was charged for a yearly subscription of $199.00. How do I get this refunded?

Mark
Super User II

Refunds are only given where legally required. 

All info about what to do and if you can get one is at https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/payments-billing/refund

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Lfloyd67
New member | Level 2
I dont want my money back for the annual subscription

Lfloyd67
New member | Level 2
I want my money back that you charged my card ending in 8679

sseul
New member | Level 2

I pressed OK because I got a message about "Extended service for recording changes", but I canceled it right away because it was automatically paid. However, I am inquiring because the payment cannot be canceled.

I didn't want to use this service, I just pressed OK, but the payment was made without any further confirmation message. I would like to request a refund.

I want to keep my Plus plan in use and only refund the 'Record file changes for a year' service paid today

Mark
Super User II

You need to send a message to ask for support and if it is possible for a refund - they are only given where legally required (as you clicked OK you accepted the payment and those terms): https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/payments-billing/refund

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Lk2678 New member | Level 2
    BeyondP New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?