cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to sign in to my dropbox account on my wife's computer if my email address is old

how to sign in to my dropbox account on my wife's computer if my email address is old

debbieb10
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I have a Dropbox account on an old computer that is inoperable so I'm using my wife's computer. I tried to sign it to my account on her computer but it prompted me for a sign in using Google so it was her google account, not mine. Also, the email address associated with my account is obsolete so that needs to be changed and if dropbox sends me an authentication email I can't get it, so it's like a catch 22 situation.  How can I sign in to my account using her PC in this case? 

1 Reply 1

Re: how to sign in to my dropbox account on my wife's computer if my email address is old

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @debbieb10, thanks for taking the time to message us!

As you're being requested to access your email in order to login to your account, then this would be a requirement for security purposes.

Since you don't have access to your email, could you try these steps to see if they help?

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?