cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i downgraded to free version and requested to delete my account but have been billed.. very cross

i downgraded to free version and requested to delete my account but have been billed.. very cross

none of your business
New member | Level 2

I recently decided to stop my DropBox subscription as it's too expensive and I am on a very low salary.

I downgraded from Pro to Free version and then put in a request to delete my account.

I checked my bank today and I have been billed for another 12 month subscription.

I am on a very low salary due to Corona Virus impacts and I cannot afford the £95.88 that has been taken from my account.

I need a full refund immediately.

Please get in contact and speak to me about this as I am in a dire financial position and my account should have been deleted.

4 Replies 4

Re: i downgraded to free version and requested to delete my account but have been billed.. very cros

Gabrielamateo24
New member | Level 2

Hi

I have the same problem and I think the company is HIGHLY irresponsible if during holidays and a pandemic they are automatically deducing money from our accounts.

In my case, I subscribed or upgraded to download some files for my job and made a mental note to unsubscribe 23rd of December but did not check emails for two days to be with my family and now my bank account is negative.

I am highly stressed and anxious and I am hoping they solve this soon.

I just contacted support. Let me know if you receive help and you get a refund.

Good luck

Re: i downgraded to free version and requested to delete my account but have been billed.. very cros

Rich
Super User II

@none of your business wrote:

Please get in contact and speak to me about this as I am in a dire financial position and my account should have been deleted.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Suport directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Gabrielamateo24
New member | Level 2

Hi Rich!

Do you send an email to them?

Re: i downgraded to free version and requested to delete my account but have been billed.. very c...

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @none of your business, you can get in touch with our Support team from the link that Rich included. 

Once you do that, could you let me know the ticket ID (eg. #1234567) so that I can pass your comments along?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?