cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i erased my iphone, i lost my authenticator app

i erased my iphone, i lost my authenticator app

hamajohnson
Explorer | Level 3
Hello. i’m an active Dropbox Member, so a while ago i erased my iphone And before that i saved my backup codes and my authenticator codes ( i used microsoft authenticator app ) so after that i erased my iphone. I downloaded my authenticator app and went to the app, and i started backup my account codes through microsoft authenticator app, however it didn’t work. none of my account codes backed up which include dropbox, and i don’t know what happened but i also lost my backup codes... so i lost my discord account my facebook and all of them. i contacted them and thankfully i got my accounts back ( discord, facebook, etc...) the only account that i haven’t gotten back is dropbox. i’m still paying my account’s subscription through my itunes store. i really really need help. Thanks
2 Replies 2

Re: i erased my iphone, i lost my authenticator app

Mark
Super User II

I'm afraid without those codes, or, an already logged in device the account is lost. 

You need to ask Apple to stop payments so you do not continue to be charged. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: i erased my iphone, i lost my authenticator app

hamajohnson
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks for the Reply, i’m trying to get my phone’s photos back so that i can get the screenshot which have my backup codes
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

hamajohnson Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?