cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to merge two accounts?

Highlighted

is it possible to merge two accounts?

Explorer | Level 3

Hi all

I have two account dropbox and I need to merge them. Or can I change the email of one of the two accounts?

thank a lot

Dave

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: is it possible to merge two accounts?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @DaveRunner23, thanks for joining the Community!

Currently, it isn't possible to merge two Dropbox accounts together, nor change the email to match that of an existing Dropbox account. 

If you need to, you can move files from one account to another instead using these steps.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Ok but my problem is that my mail address, using on my main dropbox account, is very very old and I can no longer use it. So, I have another dropbox account with my official mail but this new account has only 2,5 gb of storage.

Instead, the old dropbox account with the email address, that I can no longer use, has 8.5gb of storage. I only ask to change my email address because I can no longer use that one.

if not possible ... this is a big disservice to dropbox for me, as many other cloud accounts allow you to do this.

greetings and thanks for the reply

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

You can change your email to another, third email address not associated to Dropbox, using these steps.

Once that is done, you can swap your old and new email addresses, if that's what you want to do.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?