cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost phone and phone number

lost phone and phone number

sulaikoh
New member | Level 2

Hi,

Recently i tried to login to my dropbox account, but since i had 2fa on it and my old devices are sold i cannot get the key-code.

I have essential files on there is there another way i can get access to the dropbox account by submitting evidence what files it contains?

Best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: lost phone and phone number

Rich
Super User II

@sulaikoh wrote:

I have essential files on there is there another way i can get access to the dropbox account by submitting evidence what files it contains?

The only way is to use the emergency backup code(s) you were given when you first enabled two-step verification.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@sulaikoh wrote:

The only way is to use the emergency backup code(s) you were given when you first enabled two-step verification.

View solution in original post

sulaikoh
New member | Level 2

Thanks!, i made a picture of the 8digit keys 3 years ago and it was in my album!

Got access to the account again, thanks alot!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

sulaikoh New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?