cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

my wife's dropbox account email and password

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

My wife has a dropbox on her ipad but her old email is gone plus she does not know its password.  It is loaded with food recepies that she does not want to lose.  So, how can she sign into her account to change her email address without knowing her password or possibly delete the dropbox and start over?    If she deletes the ipad dropbox will she lose all the data in there?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: my wife's dropbox account email and password

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Rusy, thanks for reaching out to us about this!

If they unlink the mobile device from their account, the contents of the Dropbox account won't be available on the mobile device. They also won't be able to sign in to the mobile app as they don't know the password.

As a first try, give the steps listed here a shot. If they don't do the trick, ask the user who's having trouble with this to submit a ticket to our Support team and let me know the ticket ID (eg. #1234567) - I'd be more than happy to look into this with you. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?