cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no reset email

no reset email

Max Cox
Explorer | Level 4

Good day, I tried to reset the password of the account but I never received the email. I already compiled the form using an anonimous browser window, I also waited a couple of days and retried and still nothing. Can you please send me the link? This is my ticket reference:

Ticket #11662779: TEAMS: Problema password

Thank you

7 Replies 7

Re: no reset email

Max Cox
Explorer | Level 4

I forgot to write that I also whitelisted no-reply email address, added it to contacts and I'm checking the spam folder anyway, but there's no reset email.

Max Cox
Explorer | Level 4

I opened another ticket, since I had no answer:

Ticket #11674200: TEAMS: No email reset password

Please, I only need a link to reset the password

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @Max Cox, thanks for reaching out to us and apologies for the late reply. 

I was able to find the ticket you mentioned and can see that it's with a specialized member of the team. 

As soon as they have more information, they will get back to you via email. 

In the meantime, if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to get back to us. 

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Max Cox
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you @Lusil . I see now there's an open ticket with number #11674200, but if I click to open it I don't see anything. Does it mean I have to wait or there's something wrong with it?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Have you checked your inbox for their latest message?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Max Cox
Explorer | Level 4

No @Lusil , because I can't see them. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or it doesn't work, let me show you the screenshots.

Here's the support page, when I click on Show...:

1.jpg

...it actually shows me the tickets, the new one and the two previous ones I opened few days ago. But when I click to open it...

2.jpg

... it goes back to the main support page.

3.jpg

I tried with both Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox, they all have the same issue.

Since I don't have the password for my account, I can't login from another computer to make another attempt. This computer is the only one with Dropbox Client installed and working due to having the account connected. Still, I can't modify password from the Client since I don't have the old password anymore, hence why I requested a reset link via mail.

If I go on the Administration page, it'll open the browser with my profile logged, so I then go on the Support page and I can see the tickets. But I can't open them.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @Max Cox; how are you today?

I was just wondering if you're still having issues with this and also wanted to try something out.

Since you're already connected to the account in question through the desktop app, could you click on the Dropbox icon in your system tray/menu bar and open the website from there?

To do so, you'll need to click on the little globe icon which should re-direct you to your account online. 

From there, try to access your account's settings page and change the password from there.

Let me know if that helps!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?