cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

offered a subscription adjustment but I never got the adjusted refunds, tickets closed w/o comments

Highlighted

offered a subscription adjustment but I never got the adjusted refunds, tickets closed w/o comments

Explorer | Level 3

Hi 

As the title suggests, we requested support to adjust our subscirption (basically going to the basic free and have the unsed yearly subscirption of the business plan reimbersed). Support Heather said she has to do an upgrade to the business advanced and then a downgrade us back to baisc free that way the refund of our remianing 10 months subscription would be triggered. During our call we paid a 444 CAD upgrade fee and she later downgraded us to the basic free. She said we should be expecting a refund of both the 444CAD and unused Business standard suscription refunded (about 10 months worth). We got the 444CAD back and never received the other portion of the refund. (created MULTIPLE tickets,  and it was impossible to reach out to a live agent. Upon checking this afternoon just discovered that the tickets are closed with no comments.)

As COVID persists, we totally understand it would be hard to connect to a live agent right away but a comment about my closed tickets would be appreciated. 

And while we undertsand it is a case-by-case scenario when it comes to subscription adjustments, (though we do have an undertstandable resaon to request the adjustment hence why the support team offered the refund in the first place), we were explicitly told and instructed by the support person to go about the adjustment in the above way and was reassured that we will get the refund. Now we are left with no refund and we are stuck on the basic free subscirption. Where did our $$ go? Without the refund we are basically "paying" to use the Basic free which should be free for all anyways? 

Thanks,

HOV

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: offered a subscription adjustment but I never got the adjusted refunds, tickets closed w/o comme

Explorer | Level 3

Please excuse any typos as I am getting a bit frustarted with this whole thing...

It has been more than 1 month and as a manager of a small business my boss has been urging to get this resolved asap 

Highlighted

Re: offered a subscription adjustment but I never got the adjusted refunds, tickets closed w/o comme

Dropboxer

Hey @HOV, thanks for checking in and sorry to hear about your frustration. 

Could you let me know the ID (eg. #1234567) of the ticket that you submitted to our team, so that I can look into this for you?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil,

Thank you so much for your prompt response. I have a streak of tickets under my account I will just provide all of them just incase, they are:

(in chornological order)

Thanks,

HOV

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I was able to locate your tickets and have made sure to reply to you. 

Whenever you get the chance, check your inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

HI Lusil (and to anyone who might also care),

Thank you for following up on this case. However my questions and issues are still left not addressed. Please give me post a second read and also my emails that I replied to you. 

Thanks,

HOV 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?