cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paid plans

Aleksey M.
Explorer | Level 4

It seems there is no suitable board for me.

I have basic account. all I need is some more 2 devices to connect. I do not need any of the feature from paid plans. the cheapest is $9,99/month. but. I use dropbox many years. I tried almost all cloud services but still dropbox is the most comfortable service, fastest and steady. so question is: is there any more plans, more simple, but more cheaper? it's not reasonable to pay for something that I will never use. 

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: paid plans

Mark
Super User II

All plans are listed at www.dropbox.com/plans - there are no others.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II

All plans are listed at www.dropbox.com/plans - there are no others.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

PeterM_SVK
Explorer | Level 4

I really miss plans:

500GB - 3e plan

1 TB - 5e plan

For me 10e / month toooooooooomuch. I do not want need 2TB. I refuse to pay 10e/month .. But i will be happy for plan like i mentioned upper. I know many people with the same opinion, needs. 

DropBox you could earn more with so simple solution and you are refusing it 😕 so sad.

I hope you will consider it and add another cheaper plans.

Thanks

Rich
Super User II

@PeterM_SVK wrote:

DropBox you could earn more with so simple solution and you are refusing it 😕 so sad.

Dropbox has trialed smaller plans in the past and it wasn't successful.

PeterM_SVK
Explorer | Level 4

Yes but today when there are so many unemployed because of covid they should also adapt to new situation and use as their benefit. If in past nobody paid 10e/month then today will be even smaller amount of paying customers.

Personally i pay for apple icloud because i use apple products. 

But now i am considering to use also google drive because as storage is better than apple icloud. But i 'll be more happy to use dropbox instead of google drive but google is just cheaper. And as i said i know sooooo many people what are not using dropbox just because of price.

Sometime you just need to share bigger file so you need just stupid cloud storage. You do not need office document editing, photos backup and so many features you will never use. You just need to share file and for this purpose lot of people just do not want to pay 10e/month.

With missing plans, limited amount of devices where you can link account at the same time is way to hell and they just pushing customers or potential customers to competitors. And competitors have arms open to welcome new customers 🙂 

Mark
Super User II

Competitors do have open arms out to welcome people, but, the point here is that they make money elsewhere.... Google from adverts/search etc. and Microsoft from Office etc. Dropbox doesnt - it needs the income to pay for its services. If people dont pay enough to cover that cost then it goes bankrupt. 

Thankfully, a free market is exactly that - if you dont like/agree/want to pay for Dropbox there are plenty of others you can 🙂

PeterM_SVK
Explorer | Level 4

@Mark

Lets see some example:

10 000 users * 10e/month + 1000 000 users * 0e/month (free account) = 100 000e / month

100 000 users * 3e/month + 800 000 users * 0e/mont (free account) = 300 000e / month

So there couldn't be talk about bankruptcy.

Mark
Super User II

@PeterM_SVK 

The issue is actually the opposite - in every trial they did too many people downgraded from the plan they were on which didnt offset the upgrades they made to make them profitable. 

So, yes, they may get lots of people on paid plans but in all the trials they did (and they did some about a year ago in the AP region) the same happened again - more people downgraded than actually upgraded. 

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?