cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem viewing a ticket

problem viewing a ticket

Gianni3
Explorer | Level 4

Good morning,

the ticket has been closed but clicking on it does not open so I do not have the opportunity to view the answer. How can I do that? Thank you

10 Replies 10

Re: problem viewing a ticket

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there @Gianni3, thanks for reaching out to us. 

You should be able to reply to the ticket by locating it in your inbox. 

As I want to help out on this though, could you let me know the ticket ID to look into it for you?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Gianni3
Explorer | Level 4

hi, thank you for the availability to help me with the problem. Unfortunately in the email I do not see the answer and failing to open it from the site, the ticket has been closed and I still can not see the answer.

ticket ID:  #11841952

Lusil
Dropboxer

I see, although it's closed, I'd be more than happy to help out, if you'd like!

Out of curiosity, is the issue you're having account or billing related?

If you're having trouble with any of our apps, just let me know as much info as possible and I'll do my best to assist. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Gianni3
Explorer | Level 4

The problem is related to the account.

Spoiler

in the ticket I had written "In 2016 I bought an Asus notebook with dropbox 25GB pre-installed, if I open it tells me that if I sign up I get 6 months for free. The question is, when I finish the 6 months, do I activate the Basic plan or do I have to pay to continue using it? is the offer still valid?
Do you recommend that I activate it (I can't because of an error) or download the Basic version from the site (2GB would be enough for me) ?
I think the per-installed version is an outdated version or a web link (see "error message" section).
Kind regards

Error String: Upgrade your browser to use Dropbox.
The current browser is not supported. We only support the latest versions of the following browsers:
Edge
Chrome
Firefox
Safari
I add that I tried with the first 3 browsers listed, all updated to the latest version and keep giving me this error."

Lusil
Dropboxer

When your promotion expires, your storage will go back to what you had before having it. Do not worry though, all your files will remain accessible.

In the case that you exceed the limit upon returning to your original quota, you won't be able to sync. This means that you won't be able to add new and edit existing content. 

You mention though that you are having trouble redeeming your promotion due to a browser error. 

Could you try doing the same steps from another browser or an incognito window? 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Gianni3
Explorer | Level 4

I tried with various browsers among those listed, even incognito, but the problem persists.

below is an image of the error that appears

o.PNG

So if I could solve the problem at the end of the promotion, would I automatically switch to the Basic plan?

in the link you have indicated to me there is no Asus, is it possible that the promotion has expired?

Lusil
Dropboxer

You can find more information about the ASUS promotion specifically, here

Could you check if you have any updates pending that are for your browser or your computer?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Gianni3
Explorer | Level 4

ok.

Yes, it's all up to date with the latest version. @Lusil 

u.PNG

Walter
Dropboxer
Thanks for the nudge on this one @Gianni3.

I've just reached out via email so we can have a further look into this. 

Whenever you get the chance, please take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?