cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

"Dropbox account closing.." because I haven't logged in

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I just received an email stating that I had not logged in for almost two years and my account was going to be shut down in 90 days....

But....I have a paid account and I do log in almost every day. 

Please fix.

12 Replies 12
Highlighted

Re: "Dropbox account closing.." because I haven't logged in

Super User II
Super User II

You sure it wasn't sent to a different email address and you accidentally have 2 accounts?

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I received a similar email (except the email said 60 days before acct. would be closed), but have used Dropbox recently. I have only used one email address all along. [OT -- The last time I tried to save a file to Dropbox it was not working right BTW, which is a separate issue I realize.]

I received the Dropbox email at 8:19 PM EDT last night, if this helps.

Thanks,

Peter

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Bump -- I would like to get the ball rolling on resolving this problem. I don't imagine Justin and I are the only ones who received such an email. Was it a legitimate email from Dropbox, or some kind of spam? Would appreciate a reply from Mark Mc or someone else . . .

Thanks,

Peter

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Yes, agreed. I only have one account tied to one email address. 

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

No need to bump here as we can't help you with this. This is primarily a user-supported forum and we're unable to assist with account or billing related issues. You'll need to open a ticket to get this resolved.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Thanks Rich and Justin. I filled out a ticket but the site has been saying "Loading" for a couple of minutes after I submitted the ticket. Gotta go to work. Hopefully the ticket will go through.

Peter

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

This is bull crap 

why would you close an account I been using? 

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

There not Liz as has been said.

Your language, however, is - theres no need for it. Please refrain or you may find posts are automatically removed. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Mark, could you please clarify your recent statement: "There not Liz as is being repeatedly said."

I assume you are referring to one or more other threads, in which "they" have indicated that the accounts are not being closed per the DropBox email I received earlier this month. Perhaps you could post a link to such threads? I am still in the dark, as U never received a reply to the help ticket I submitted per the post above.

Thanks, Peter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?