cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Dropbox account closing.." because I haven't logged in

"Dropbox account closing.." because I haven't logged in

Justin C.12
New member | Level 1

I just received an email stating that I had not logged in for almost two years and my account was going to be shut down in 90 days....

But....I have a paid account and I do log in almost every day. 

Please fix.

12 Replies 12

Re: "Dropbox account closing.." because I haven't logged in

Mark
Super User II

You sure it wasn't sent to a different email address and you accidentally have 2 accounts?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Peter R.50
New member | Level 1

I received a similar email (except the email said 60 days before acct. would be closed), but have used Dropbox recently. I have only used one email address all along. [OT -- The last time I tried to save a file to Dropbox it was not working right BTW, which is a separate issue I realize.]

I received the Dropbox email at 8:19 PM EDT last night, if this helps.

Thanks,

Peter

Peter R.50
New member | Level 1

Bump -- I would like to get the ball rolling on resolving this problem. I don't imagine Justin and I are the only ones who received such an email. Was it a legitimate email from Dropbox, or some kind of spam? Would appreciate a reply from Mark Mc or someone else . . .

Thanks,

Peter

Justin C.12
New member | Level 1

Yes, agreed. I only have one account tied to one email address. 

Rich
Super User II

No need to bump here as we can't help you with this. This is primarily a user-supported forum and we're unable to assist with account or billing related issues. You'll need to open a ticket to get this resolved.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Peter R.50
New member | Level 1

Thanks Rich and Justin. I filled out a ticket but the site has been saying "Loading" for a couple of minutes after I submitted the ticket. Gotta go to work. Hopefully the ticket will go through.

Peter

Liz R.3
New member | Level 1

This is bull crap 

why would you close an account I been using? 

Mark
Super User II

There not Liz as has been said.

Your language, however, is - theres no need for it. Please refrain or you may find posts are automatically removed. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Peter R.50
New member | Level 1

Mark, could you please clarify your recent statement: "There not Liz as is being repeatedly said."

I assume you are referring to one or more other threads, in which "they" have indicated that the accounts are not being closed per the DropBox email I received earlier this month. Perhaps you could post a link to such threads? I am still in the dark, as U never received a reply to the help ticket I submitted per the post above.

Thanks, Peter

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Fernando Z. New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
    Peter R.50 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?