Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Samsung promotion expiring" notification not going away

BlackhawkAceX
Explorer | Level 3

I have a notification that says "The 48GB Dropbox promotion you received with your Samsung device expires in 1 day. Get more space today!" I have had that notification on the website as well as the desktop app since May 12 of (I think) 2 or 3 years ago!

The extra space has been long gone and I am back to my normal space which is all fine.

But the notification still won't go away. How can I get rid of it? It's somewhat annoying ^^

11 Replies 11

Re: "Samsung promotion expiring" notification not going away

Super User II
Super User II
Not sure if it will work or not on the website etc, however, on the newer versions of the desktop software you can now right click on the notification and select 'mark as spam'. That removes it.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

BlackhawkAceX
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, thank you for the answer but that sadly did not work.

I installed the newest software from the website just 3 days ago but it does not seem to have the described function. Nothing happens when I right click the notification.

BlackhawkAceX
Explorer | Level 3

Hi again,

So, the now installed Version of Dropbox on my Windows has the report Spam option, but the Samsung promotion notification seems to be excluded from that functionality. Also it has a yellow background and a yellow warning sign next to it, compared to the white/transparent background of normal notifications.

Best regards

thunderpuppet New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Guys

Came here to post on the same matter but found this post. Is there a solution to this yet?

I have installed dropbox on a new windows 10 machine and I am still getting this notification 5 years later with no option to get rid of it, very frustrating!

BlackhawkAceX
Explorer | Level 3
Hey,
Nope, sadly nothing has changed so far. It seems to depend on your account rather than the installation since you have the same notification in the web browser.

And although I hope it, I don't think Dropbox will actually do anything against it to be honest...

Best regards

thunderpuppet New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks for getting back to me. It appears someone is watching because since posting it has dissapeared!!

5 years I have seen that notification and it just happened to vanish after I post about it

BlackhawkAceX
Explorer | Level 3
So it might take "just" 5 years until they delete it? It's been over 3 for me, so only about 2 more to go 😂 I also wrote an email to the support team so maybe that'll do something 😅

EVaughn New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Yeah, I have the same problem with an HTC promo.  I haven't had that phone for 6 years and I can't get rid of this stupid notice.

@Dropbox:  Please help us fix this!

Dropbox.png

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey, @EVaughn, welcome to our community!

So, have you been seeing this notification for the past six years? 

Let’s try a couple of things, to see if we can get rid of it: 

1. Try clicking on “Upgrade”, and just going through to the next step or two. Then Exit our desktop app, restart your computer, and see if the notice is still there. 

2. If it’s still present, have a look at the Security tab of your online account setting https://www.dropbox.com/account/security, and see if your HTC is still listed under Devices. If it is, unlink it, then exit our app, and restart your computer. 

Let me know how this goes! 

Thanks

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?