cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

"Small Business" Accounts for Single Users (with unlimited storage)

Helpful | Level 6

There should be something like a "small business" option that allows one user to get a separate business dropbox (like how the business accounts work, where you can have your personal and business, side by side) with unlimited storage. I would even pay like $200 a year for this. I've run into this same problem where I have more than 1TB of storage I need to store on the cloud or sync with my computer, but I am a one-man-team and do not have 5 users, but still want the unlimited storage. Right now, I am having to settle for Amazon cloud drive, where I'd much rather use Dropbox. :/

24 Replies 24
Highlighted

Re: "Small Business" Accounts for Single Users (with unlimited storage)

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I agree. I would like something similar. I have already filled my 1tb space, and I am not a business (but I am a hobbyist producer of music, video, photography etc, so have a lot of precious and large source files). I would like. 2Tb option, which I would happily pay double the standard price for, but can't afford a business account (I don't really needed unlimited storage or a minimum of 5 licences). 

I understand why it would not be viable to offer plans for lower storage amounts and lower prices, but it would be good to have an incremental option for those willing to pay. I am now at the point where I am having to choose which files to save. It is like having to choose a favourite child!

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Agreed. Same issue here, i really hope they consider adding a 2TB options, even a 3 TB option, i will gladly pay, and i see no hurt on their part.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Just to chime in here. DropBox if you are listening, I can 100% guarantee that there is a "single user unlimited data or +1 TB data add on for another $9.99 each TB" - Market. Most of the photographers, videographers, producers, DP's... I know are now shooting with much, much larger MP cameras or they are shooting 4K video and pulling both video and stills from the 4K . This goes for UAS pilots too. The tsunami of stuff being shot in 4K only to downres to 1080p is unbelievable. This is a HUGE amount of data in one week's work for even a 1 person shop. And the way the content creation business works today, one person shops are the norm, not the exception. The exception are teams that work in the entertainment, news or publication industries. We, the one person shop, get hired by those larger groups to fill in what they don't have on a per gig basis. They do this on almost every job. I've never been on a large job where everyone was from one agency. It's all about running lean and collaboration. We need the extra data space on a per user basis. Do the research, I bet it shows exactly this need. Do you want us to go to Amazon? Yuck... unfortunately, that's my next move. I have too many jobs with too much data spinning at one time, I need more space and really want the DropBox features, but alas, storage is beating out features and I bet I'm not the only one. 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Yes!!!!! Please please please consider an unlimited plan for single users!!!!  This is crucial as I want all my data in one location, not spread out among multiple hard drives to keep up with but don't need 5 user capacity.  

Someone is going to have to do it, why shouldn't it be you?!?!

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Someone is going to have to do it, why shouldn't it be you?!?!

All the unlimited providers you'll notice are closing down as every single MB of data has associated costs. Unless you are prepared to pay a HUGE sum of money for it your won't get truly unlimited storage. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I'm going to guess that what most power data users (photographers, videographers, musicians, artists i.e., content providers) want is something that allows them to increase in increments above 1TB, not unlimited storage. I think people get confused as to what they really need vs what the service is being called in the marketplace by marketing. We are definitely willing to pay for incremental data above 1TB on a per user basis, however, we're not really wanting to pay for 5 other users since most of us are single person shops. It's not hard to this market research. And I'm going to make another guess that it's not a small slice of the market with so many people having never actually achieved re-employment after 2007. 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I am really enjoying the benefits of Dropbox Pro. But with my Phantom 2.7K videos and my Sony A7II, I am very quickly filing up my Dropbox. 

I get needing to charge to store our data securely, but I really want a better option than just Dropbox Pro or Dropbox Business. I too would be very willing to pay $10 a month per 1TB of data. Right now I am only using about 1/2 of my space, but I am slowly migrating over our Apple Photo's library and that is about 350GB. My family is really enjoying all our pictures and videos in a secure place that can easily be synced to all our computers whenever we need.

Once I hit my TB limit, if Dropbox hasn't figured out some kind of middle tier, I have to go elsewhere. I really don't want to since I really like Dropbox. Hopefully they help us out with some kind of better option.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

+1

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

And I am a mum of twins who loves taking photos and vids of my kids and family.  I'm nearly maxed out on my 1TB but not interested in 5 users given it's just me.  I need a 2 or 3 TB option please.  I would also hate to migrate somewhere else, but will if necessary.  

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?