cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: False "Dropbox is full" message on desktop app startup

"Your dropbox is full" but it isn't

Solomon N.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

On Mac air with newest OS. I uninstalled the app, checked the hard drive, restarted the computer, barked at the moon, clapped twice and prayed to allah. The problem remains. 

I refuse to pay to upgrade. I cannot sync additional files. 

51 Replies 51

Erlend
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I have close to 40 GB left on my hard drive, so that's not the issue.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Try logging a ticket with support as it could be a bug:

https://www.dropbox.com/support to log
http://dropbox.zendesk.com to track

Replies, however, do take time.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Erlend
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you :slight_smile:

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey Erlend

Thanks for writing in about your query! 

Just keep in mind that maybe your computer is the one that's running out of space, hence the notification. 

If you go per @Mark's suggestion, please let me know here once you have contacted support, so that I follow-up on the case.

Will be awaiting your reply! 

Kind regards, 
JaneA 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

RonaldK
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with my Dropbox Account: it is complaining, that I've used up all my storage even though I have barely any files there. By now, I have remove every file out of my dropbox folder (on several devices), I have removed every device from synching, within the cloud storage I have (permanently) deleted every file in "all files" and most files in "shared" -- there are about 37mb of files left in "shared" (that i cant download and deleten and then permanently delete bc dropbox won't let me download them due to "not enough storage space"). Under "Plan" it says that there are 2.4GB of normal files, but there aren't any files. So my question is: how do I delete files I can't see and how do I create some space in my Dropbox?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @RonaldK, welcome to our Community! 

Can you send me a few screenshots of what is visible under your plan page? 

Is it possible that you're using any Backups to your account?

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

puneetmishra
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
My storage limit is full (files on dropbox are of 14.8 GB, as per the account) but there is only 5.9 GB files in my dropbox folder. I have also checked the shared folder or files. I don't think that is an issue. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@puneetmishra wrote:
My storage limit is full (files on dropbox are of 14.8 GB, as per the account) but there is only 5.9 GB files in my dropbox folder.

Do you have any backups enabled? Check your Backups page.

on4
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi my dropbox says "Your Personal Dropbox account is full" but it isn't. When looking at how the storage is divided it says the regular files take up 26GB of my account. Whether I look at "files" on dropbox.com or in the dropbox file on my desktop, it only shows 4 tiny excel files. How can I find the regular files that are filling up my space? Or is this just a bug? Is there anyway to contact dropbox directly? Have been at this for hour hours and I can't find a solution, or even what's causing the problem.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@on4 wrote:

Hi my dropbox says "Your Personal Dropbox account is full" but it isn't.

You likely have the backup feature enabled. Check your Backups page.

Need more support?