cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reactiving account or getting email back

reactiving account or getting email back

DG222
New member | Level 2

I have/had a Dropbox Plus account under my work email. Yesterday I accidentally merged that account with another company's Dropbox Business account when that company invited me as a Team Member instead of just sharing a folder with me. I have since had the Admin for that Dropbox Business account terminate me as a Team Member, which exited me from that Dropbox Business account, but now my personal Dropbox account is showing as deactivated, so Dropbox will not allow me to login to that account.   As an alternative, I set up a new, separate Dropbox account with a personal email address, and then tried to change my email address to be the work email but it tells me that my work email is already taken (so taken + deactivated = completely unavailable).  Note:  I already have the files downloaded from my prior DB account, so could just re-load into the new account if I can't recover the prior account.    Any suggestions on how I get my work email address (or better yet, my entire existing account) re-activated so that I can continue to receive folder share requests at my work email from others?

1 Reply 1

Re: reactiving account or getting email back

Rich
Super User II

@DG222 wrote:

I have since had the Admin for that Dropbox Business account terminate me as a Team Member, which exited me from that Dropbox Business account, but now my personal Dropbox account is showing as deactivated, so Dropbox will not allow me to login to that account.

When a team admin removes someone from a Business team, the account is deleted. Instead, in order to keep an acocunt active, it needs to be converted back to an individual account.

Accounts that are deleted are held in a suspended state for 7 days, during which you are unable to re-use the same email address on another account. The team admin can restore the account during this period and then convert it as described above.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?