cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

space quota incorrectly reduced

Highlighted

space quota incorrectly reduced

Explorer | Level 3

Hello, 

I noticed that my storage space quota was reduced. From dropbox events I confimed it happened on 6/28/2020.

Then from the"Plan" section I can see a coupon I applied on 4/10/2018 has been removed.

That coupon is a clearly a legitimate one and I believe this reduction is a mistake.

I don't feel thre is anything  the Community can help in this case. Can someone from Dropbox please help look into it?

Thanks,

Fan

Dropbox account id: [personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: space quota incorrectly reduced

Dropboxer

Hi there @duspace2018, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

You're indeed right, we might need to look into this alongside some account specific info through our Support channel.

You can check out your Support options from this page, depending on your account's current plan.

Please bear in mind though that some promotions expire, and this could be the case for the coupon that you mentioned seeing as expired. If you do a quick web search for the promotion, you should be able to see when it expires.

If you have any trouble with creating a ticket, or finding any info relative to this promotion, let me know and I can assist you creating a ticket from my side.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne,

Thanks for the quick response! The promotion I mentioned is permanant and should not have an expiration date.

I checked the "Contact Dropbox support" and didn't see a way to raise a ticket, maybe because I am not on a paid plan. I only see Support options of chatbot (tried and it had no clue) and community. 

It would be great if you could show me how to create a ticket for this issue.

Thanks again,

Fan

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne,

Can you let me know what I should do next? Do I need to create a ticket? If so, is there instruction?

Thanks,

Fan

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey Fan; how are you today?

To look further into this with our support team, I'd suggest trying an incognito window without signing into any account. 

When on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page and input an email address we can reach you and as much information as possible. 

Let us know if you have any follow up questions @duspace2018

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Walter.  I followed your suggestion and was able to file Ticket #11188524

Then I almost immediately received an reply "Your support options depend on what kind of account you have. To see the support options for your account, log in and go to https://dropbox.com/support. Your query today can be supported by our help center, chatbot or our community, this ticket will now be closed."

So seems basically Dropbox will not help.

Fan

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping me in the loop and happy Friday Fan!

As I wanted to help as much as possible with this, I found your ticket on our system and got back to you there.

Whenever you get a chance, please take a look at your inbox so we can have a further look into this.

Thanks!

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?