cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still paying for dropbox business after free trial, account is still basic and cannot cancel it

Highlighted

still paying for dropbox business after free trial, account is still basic and cannot cancel it

New member | Level 2

I cancelled my business account over 4 months ago. I tried to send in a formal refund request. I've tried to contact dropbox in every possible way. I'm still being billed for it, 19.99 every month. There is just no way I can cancel this. I'm so distraught.

If one of the 7 dropbox employees that are not bots are reading this, what you're doing is so wrong. Having a free trial that's nearly impossible to cancel, having no human customer support team, having an uneccessarily convuluted help section. This all should be very illegal. I'm sure some of it probably is.

I just want my dropbox cancelled. I just want my money back. You've been stealing it from me. You've been charging me for a service that I haven't been recieving. I'll keep on trying, and until I get it back, I'm telling everyone I know how terrible your services are.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: still paying for dropbox business after free trial, account is still basic and cannot cancel it

Dropboxer

Hello @pleasecancelme, I'm sorry to hear about that!

From the pricing that you mentioned, it sounds like this is for a Professional subscription rather than Business. Is it possible that you started a Professional trial on your account previously?

As you already tried reaching out to our Support team for this, can you let me know if you have a ticket number (eg. #1234567)?

If not, please submit a ticket with our team from this page by filling in the relevant info under "Submit a help request".

If you have any trouble with this, please let me know and I'd be happy to help with this.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: still paying for dropbox business after free trial, account is still basic and cannot cancel it

New member | Level 2
This is bull**bleep** I WANT TO CANCEL
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @Omar13; thanks for joining our Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with cancelling.

In your case, I'd suggest contacting our Support team so we can assist further with account specific information. 

Just make sure to use an incognito window without signing into any account and when on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page and input your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you. 

I hope this gets resolved for you soon, Omar. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?