cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storage space and down grading.

Highlighted

storage space and down grading.

New member | Level 2

i am being told my free trial is ending soon, i didnt even know i was in a free trial, i have used drop box for a good few years and have earned 12.5GB of storage by doing certain things like adding devices etc.... now i am being told i can can upgrade for a fee or downgrade to a basic account with only 2GB,  this storage space is mine, i earned it so now you want to charge everyone and take it away, i really hope not because that would really be seen as a scam.

Secondly drop box are constantly sending me emails telling me i have ran out of storge space..... i wish this would stop....

please advise.......

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: storage space and down grading.

Super User II

If you go to www.dropbox.com/downgrade it will tell you exactly what space you will end up with. Remember that while a Paying customer referral space will have doubled so you WILL drop down in quota. 

If you are only seeing 12.something GB of space check to see if you've accidentally set up a second account for a trial (check the email addresses carefully) because if you are charged Dropbox do have a 0 refund policy - as agreed in the T&C's when signing up for it. 

In terms of notifications you can disable these at www.dropbox.com/account

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

i have checked and my account says "Your personal Dropbox account is fullUsing 12.38 GB of 7.75 GB

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 22.27.04.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 22.28.43.png

As you can see, i have 12.38 GB of space, i have a basic account, i have ran out of space, i am being told i have......... how can i downgrade if i have a basic account........

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

And besides that.... none of your links reach the right places, probablt because i cant downgrade because i am aleady basic......

Highlighted

Super User II

You dont have 12.38gb of space. You have have that amount stored in your account... you are over quota. Your quota is 7.75gb.

So, you need to delete some files to get back below your quota if you want to restart syncing. 

As I said if you are getting emails saying a trial is about to expire its VERY possible you have a duplicate account somewhere else - you need to check that OR you could get charged hundreds without the possibility of a refund. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

last year i received this email from dropbox...

..Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 22.43.59.png

as you will see here it says i have 5GB space allowance.... what is going on...?

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

And how exactly are dropbox going to charge me, they dont have my payment details, and i havent upgraded...... 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?