cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stuck in sign-in loop

stuck in sign-in loop

jeromechou
New member | Level 2

Hi, just a few weeks ago I started having sign-in problems from my browser on my Microsoft Surface. I go to the sign-in page, enter my info, and hit Sign In, the screen flashes for a sec, then returns me to the sign-in page, endlessly. I've tried clearing cache, different browsers, turning on and off - same result. 

I also have Dropbox app installed, and can access files, but if I'm trying to click on an email link from a co-worker to a file saved on Dropbox, I go to a screen that says "Sign into your Google account to open or edit." When I try to sign in through Google, I get a red bar at the top of the screen saying "Google Sign in has been disabled." The only way I can access those files is if I'm signed in through my browser. 

1 Reply 1

Re: stuck in sign-in loop

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @jeromechou, thanks for messaging the Community!

Are you a member of a Dropbox Business team? It sounds like the team admin might've disabled Google Sign In from what you're describing.

Is this a company-managed device? There is a possibility that a proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router issues could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains.

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?