cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tryal dropbox business and personal account

tryal dropbox business and personal account

AMMG
Explorer | Level 3

I was invited to tryal dropbox business

Whyle in the tryal how can I divide my files between my personal account and my business account? I cannot correct? so when I do my team beeing on tryal I put on dropbox business all my files that previously where from personal dropbox correct?

14 Replies 14

Re: tryal dropbox business and personal account

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @AMMG, thanks for messaging the Community!

Did you upgrade your personal account to the Dropbox Business trial, or did you upgrade another Dropbox account instead?

This will help me to provide the correct information for you!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

AMMG
Explorer | Level 3

I believe that I upgrade my personal dropbox file

Jay
Dropboxer

Okay, so if you've upgraded your personal account to a Dropbox Business plan, then there isn't a personal account any longer, as both accounts are the same.

Could you clarify exactly how you wanted to split up your data? Do you need another Dropbox account which is for personal files only?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

AMMG
Explorer | Level 3

exactly. What is happening is because the account will be upgraded to business I do not have anymore a place where I can put my private files correct? How can I do this?

I am an ONG and I want to move to dropbox business because I need to work with my team in a easier way. I cannot aford to have 2 accounts for myself. I know that if in dropbox business I do not share the folder with anyone these folders will be like private correct? All the options you can give me will be good, waiting for your reply

Thanks

Ana

Jay
Dropboxer

Do you have a purple folder on your account? If so, then you're on the new version of Dropbox Business, and that folder is private.

Only you can view files in that folder, so no one can else can access them from the site. Hope this helps!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

AMMG
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, I have the name of my institution then Dropbox - ICFML Dropbox and then I have a folder purple with my name Ana Gonçalves and then all the files in it

So I need to have all the files under this Ana Gonçalves folder? today ALL the files are on this folder, and then there they are shared with members of my team. how do I take out from Ana Gonçalves folder and put them on the ICFML Dropbox folder only? so I can leave inside Ana Gonçalves folder ONLY my private ones?

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 7.17.53 PM.png

Jay
Dropboxer

It looks like you are already in this team, so any files in the purple folder can't be viewed by other users.

If you share a folder, it will appear outside the purple folder, and other users who are invited to the folder will be able to access the files within that folder.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

AMMG
Explorer | Level 3

Jay that is my problem. I do not know how to put files out of the purple folder!

Daphne
Dropboxer

Since you're using the desktop app @AMMG, can you try just dragging and dropping the folder you want to move, from the purple folder to outside this folder?

This location will be directly under the main Dropbox folder.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
    AMMG Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?