cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two accounts with different emails--one upgraded, one free: I need to drop the free one

Highlighted

two accounts with different emails--one upgraded, one free: I need to drop the free one

Explorer | Level 3

First of all let me state the obvious and say that getting support from Dropbox is unreasonably difficult.  You really can't hire someone to manage a chat line?  Really?  There.  Now my issue:  I have two accounts with different emails--one upgraded, one free.  Everytime I log in it links to the free account and I don't have enough space to store my files.  How do I 1) close the free account, and 2) ensure that it won't close my upgraded account   

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: two accounts with different emails--one upgraded, one free: I need to drop the free one

Dropboxer

Hello @SS-APC, thanks for checking in with us. 

In general, your support options are based on the account that you have. You can find yours specifically, by logging in and going to this page.

As for your main concern, just to make sure that we cover as much basis as possible, could you let me know if you're logging in from the website? 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: two accounts with different emails--one upgraded, one free: I need to drop the free one

Explorer | Level 3

Yes, logging in from the website.  I use it on my desk top.  Also, I'm aware of the support topics but couldn't find my exact issue to help me resolve it.  Any specific info you can offer would be greatly appreciated. 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I am having the exact same issue as this person. I received a message to update (not upgrade) my PRO account. I clicked on the link to upgrade and another account was automatically set up under a different email. My bookmark now defaults to the free account and automatically synced to my computer. The result was that the free account promptly ran out of space. So now I cannot access my original account (established in 2015). And, I am NOT upgrading the free account - ALL of my key files are in my original account. How can I re-gain access to my original account and cancel the FREE account without losing access to the original account.

I agree with the previous person - customer support at DropBox sucks. The website is of no help and this community support is helpful only in that it is easy to see that so many others are having the same, unsolved problem. 

Again ... HOW DO I REGAIN ACCESS TO MY ORIGINAL ACCOUNT AND CANCEL THE FREE ACCOUNT THAT WAS IMPOSED?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?