cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two step verification goes to old phone number

two step verification goes to old phone number

Bad Dad
Explorer | Level 3

Kids call me Bad Dad.  I can’t be the first with this issue but did not find a suggested thread. I had my scanner set up to receive files in my Dropbox PC app.  Power outage. Went to brother.com to get a new temporary ID which directs me to a Dropbox 2-step verification process (I may have set this up because I was being stalked in 2019), which sent a text to my OLD phone number that I replaced due to the stalker.  Dropbox does list 4 options to fix this, the only option applicable to me was to turn off the 2 step verification.  The loop that I am stuck in is that when I try to open my account to turn off the 2 step verification, Dropbox again sends a text to my OLD phone number to get into my account.  I can access the data stored in both my PC app and web Dropbox accounts but due to the above, I can no longer scan to Dropbox.

2 Replies 2

Re: two step verification goes to old phone number

Bad Dad
Explorer | Level 3

I was able to fix it! end of thread.

Re: two step verification goes to old phone number

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Bad Dad, thanks for posting today!

I'm happy to see you were able to resolve your two step verification issue.

Let us know if you need anything else!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    Bad Dad Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?