cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unauthorized payment to dropbox via paypal

unauthorized payment to dropbox via paypal

Julez
New member | Level 2

Hey there,

I have a problem with an unauthorized payment to dropbox via PayPal. PayPal wants to send 119,88€ to Dropbox unlimited company. I didnˋt change my Dropbox status, still have the basis version. So I really donˋt have a clue where this payment should come from. I already tried to contact Dropbox, but with the basis version I canˋt get any attention or help. Itˋs the same with PayPal. I opened a case there, but PayPal said that the payment is fine. I am worried that I get hacked or something. Already changed my password....

I really donˋt want to send this amount of money to Dropbox. But I feel really helpless what to do now. Can someone help me? Maybe an idea to contact dropbox in another way so that I can cancel the payment.

I am grateful for any help! Thanks a lot.

Cheerio Julez

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@Julez wrote:

I have a problem with an unauthorized payment to dropbox via PayPal.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Suport directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should also be changing your PayPal credentials and contact PayPal again.

Julez
New member | Level 2

Thanks a lot!

It was possible to contact Dropbox and I got good support and help.

And yes, I already changed it, your completely right, thanks for the advice.

Have a nice day 🙂

Thomasmcdonough25
New member | Level 2
I want my money back it charged my PayPal an hour ago and this isn’t even my account

Rich
Super User II

@Thomasmcdonough25 wrote:
I want my money back it charged my PayPal an hour ago and this isn’t even my account

Refer to my reply at the top of this thread. You need to contact Support, and contact PayPal.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Thomasmcdonough25 New member | Level 2
    Julez New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?