cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you on accessibility tools and features for Dropbox - get involved in the conversation here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Build 110.3.425

Beta Build 110.3.425

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

79 Replies 79

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@dolfke wrote:

An M1 is a Soc, that's much more than only th cpu. 

🙂😃 Yes, of course, and it's not the only. In fact most modern compact devices are almost same, in this context - SoC (System on Chip)! Is this make them less ARM?! 🤔 Again, rhetorical question. 😉 Almost all ARM devices are SoC!

Emma
Community Manager

Hi all,

We've had an update from the team that this release is compatible with Apple Silicon devices and MacOS Big Sur.

Hope that helps! 

dolfke
Collaborator | Level 10

I already told you this a few days ago. 

its really amazing to experience everything is working again how it should with Big Sur on Apple silicon !!

Ted G.
Collaborator | Level 8

This is working but causing serious battery drainage.  This needs to be fixed immediately.  If im doing to disable dropbox im going to cancel service.

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 10.56.05 AM.png

dolfke
Collaborator | Level 10

You need stable build 110.4.458. 

djellison
New member | Level 2

Dropbox seemingly determined to not tell people basic facts...

This is still an Intel only binary - it works on M1 & Big Sur but still using Rosetta 2.  All 8 processes of it.

dolfke
Collaborator | Level 10

It works, what's your problem with Rosetta !?

Grant6
Helpful | Level 7

I noticed similar high CPU/energy use after first installing, but after its initial sync, Dropbox is now using very little CPU and energy (0.2 energy impact and 0.7% CPU currently).

Marc S.27
Explorer | Level 4

Confirmed. Build 110.4.458 is Intel 64 architecture only. 

twlatl
New member | Level 2

While this build technically **works** for M1 Macs, ie, you can launch the app, and stuff will sync in your Dropbox folder, there's lots of issues. First issue I've noticed is that copying anything in to a shared folder via the Finder just results in a copy dialog sitting there forever, saying it's going to copy, but never actually doing it. Copying to the folder via the terminal works OK, and the files do sync. But it seems Finder integration isn't fully baked.

Tested on M1 Macbook Air and M1 Mac mini. Build v112.3.254

Need more support?