cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Build 110.3.425 - Apple M1

Beta Build 110.3.425

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

79 Replies 79

leftnotracks
Helpful | Level 6

As others have stated, this does not address my issue. I am looking for native Apple Silicon support four months after Apple Silicon Macs have shipped and nine months after devkits were available. Dropbox should have stable native Apple Silicon software by now.

Frederic C.2
Helpful | Level 6

Still no news about a native M1 version of DropBox ? Isn't DropBox supposed to be a professionnal tool ?

melvinchia
Explorer | Level 4

Upping this request for an ARM native version for the Apple Silicon (M1) Mac..

THMoore
New member | Level 2

Every major piece of software I use has been updated to run natively on Apple Silicon. This delay from Dropbox is alarming. 

I already pay Apple for iCloud space -- should I shift everything there if Macs (and, therefore, the iPhones and iPads I use with my Mac) are not going to be well-supported by Dropbox? 

Not applicable

I agree on the Apple Silicon native support.

I guess it is a bit harder because other Sync services seem to have similar problems releasing a Universal version from their apps, which I can understand. No response from Dropbox is not ok.

I'm still on the monthly plan because I generally do not like the desktop client too much at the moment, lack of a Universal app, high resource usage and lack of response from Dropbox keeps me from really investing in the solution. The main reason I started using Dropbox is Scrivener and better MacOS Bundles support, but it seems I need to start rethinking this decision.

rmcrys
New member | Level 2

I own a Mac with Apple Silicon M1 and I find unbelievable that Dropbox as a giant company still has no native M1 version. Apple Silicon support is very uncomplicated to achieve and there are already thousands (millions?) of those chips out there and this year even more (not to mention that the architecture is 100% the same as all iPhones and iPad ). That the company still had for example a beta version I would understand, but still nothing. Dropbox-thought "as long as Rosetta 2 works, why bother?"...

Not applicable

Agreed, it probably does not have high priority.

I also frequently see this: 

- All caught up, but endlessly syncing... 

Screenshot 2021-03-25 at 10.25.57.png

KEB2007
Helpful | Level 5

I'm not going to add anything new to what has already been posted here but I want to state how suprised and disapointed I am, that Dropbox hasn't launched an Apple M1 native app yet. Are you at least working on one??

Mannaffolki
Collaborator | Level 8

Any news on this, Dropbox? It's been over a year and still no M1 support. Shaaaaaaame.
An update is urgently required so all us M1 users can finally start working again without all current issues.

dolfke
Collaborator | Level 10

Why all this buzz ?

Dropbox works fine with Rosetta. Point. 

Get the latest build and try it out and stop complaining please. 

Need more support?