cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Build 140.3.1852

Beta Build 140.3.1852

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

20 Replies 20

Anonymous M.
New member | Level 2

Woohoo the apple silicon build!!!

Robert J.
Collaborator | Level 9

@clientreleases

Again, the automatic update to this release has broken the ability to keep the Dropbox icon on the Taskbar, rather than in the Hidden Icons popup menu. The "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" submenu of Taskbar Settings appears like the image below, and no amount of fiddling with the switches on the two Dropbox icons will stop it reverting those settings after logging out and back in and/or rebooting.

Interestingly, this only happens on my 64-bit system. My old 32-bit system doesn't exhibit this (mis)behaviour. Both are running Windows 10 and are kept fully updated.

Reinstalling the same beta release with the Standard Installer fixes the problem.

I have been away from my systems over the holiday period, so have not posted on the intervening betas since 138.3.2361, but I assume nothing has been done to fix this annoying glitch since then.

I have unset the 'early releases' option and installed the latest stable build, 139.4.4896. ðŸ˜¥ Please let me know when the problem is fixed, so that I can return to receiving early releases.

Fabio L.
Experienced | Level 12

@Anonymous M. Is this a joke?

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

No it really is Silicon !!

No problem so far...not that I had any when it was Intel.

Screenshot 2022-01-05 at 09.54.28.png

robertmiles3
Helpful | Level 5

I upgraded to this Beta for the first time today (macOS 12.1), and everything seemed fine for a while until it finished the initial sync (after moving everything to the new place under "Locations"). However, now it's been stuck on "Syncing..." for hours and hasn't synced changed files since then. It isn't showing number of files syncing or anything, just "Syncing...". Anybody know how I can troubleshoot this?

Fabio L.
Experienced | Level 12

Finally!!! Amazing news!

samifathi
Explorer | Level 3

Hi! I just downloaded the same build and it's still Intel. Did you have to do something to switch it? 

faebe
Helpful | Level 6

Screenshot 2022-01-05 at 13.22.47.png

Still on Intel for me as well (MacBook Pro 2021, MacOS 12.1)

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

@samifathi wrote:

Hi! I just downloaded the same build and it's still Intel. Did you have to do something to switch it? 

No I found Dropbox had updated itself automatically as usual, and I didn't have to do anything.

M1 MBA macOS 12.1

Need more support?