cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Build 142.3.4086

Beta Build 142.3.4086

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Offline Installer (Apple Silicon)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

6 Replies 6

donawalt
Collaborator | Level 9

Hi, I am relatively new to testing the beta versions, I was wondering if there are release notes to indicate what has changed in a given beta version? Thanks!

TJ Luoma
Collaborator | Level 9

Dropbox doesn’t do release notes. We’ve asked, we’ve complained. They don’t care. They don’t have to. 

entusiastic1
Explorer | Level 3

On Apple Silicon.  Did this version fix the "smartsync is having issues" error?  It's gone from the main page of the client.  It seems to work ok from my limited testing.  Online-only files open without the error in Finder.

Alex Ventura
New member | Level 2

I was testing Dropbox 142.3.4086.arm64 build and I was setting my sync folder to /Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox and I wanted to change it to /Users/alex/Dropbox but I was not able to do it since the preferences panel do not show a dropdown list to do it, instead it only showed a text with the current folder route but no way to change it.

Is that an expected behavior with MacOS M1 processor?

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

It is the expected way in macOS 12.3, See this article.

https://www.macrumors.com/2022/01/27/macos-12-3-deprecates-dropbox-onedrive-kexts/

It is not optional and applies to M1 and Intel macs.

That article says Dropbox will be releasing a Beta to address the change in March, 

So I am surprised it has happened for you already, even if you are running 12.3beta

PalaeoParky
New member | Level 2

Surely i cant be the only person who cannot get this software to work on my new macbook with the M1 chip? I have tried OS supported versions it simply will NOT install successfully? I use this as my core cloud back up for all my business things. Please help. 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-142-3-4086/td-p/575091 

This is the latest link from support. Downloads fine, but will not open or run. 

The previous link downloaded and at least attempted to install but failed. 

I am losing my mind. 

Need more support?