cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Build 145.3.4865

Beta Build 145.3.4865

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Offline Installer (Apple Silicon)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

8 Replies 8

Mark
Super User II

So what are these updates @clientreleases ?

hsiktas
Helpful | Level 5

I am on this build with macOS 12.3 on an Intel Mac and don't see the new File Provider-based integration yet. Is this undergoing a staged rollout? Can I manually trigger the switch somehow?

JWL Photo
Collaborator | Level 10

Hi @hsiktas ,

Try using these instructions -- make sure you use the "Universal Installer" above. There have been reports of things not working correctly on 12.3, but that was typically on Apple silicon, so hopefully it will work for you.

hsiktas
Helpful | Level 5

Sorry, but I get an "Access Denied" message when I try to open that link.

JWL Photo
Collaborator | Level 10

Odd. I've heard that before ... Anyway, here is the content, copied and pasted:

Hi!

So you want to install the MacOS 12.3 beta?

There are several things you should know first:

• Do not expect any support from the Dropbox team.
  • Do not expect to find any official documentation on how to install the beta or what the builds are supposed to do/fix.
  • You are on your own (other than help from the community)!

Still want to do it? Okay, here is what I have cobbled together from my own experiences and from others contributing to various threads here on the community, like from @jlaguna and @Andy P.4 :

1. Make sure everything is currently synced using your current stable build of the app.
  2. Backup anything on Dropbox that you can't afford to lose.
  3. Make sure you have "Early Releases" turned on in your online settings.
  4. Disconnect your current app/computer from your account by either:
    1. Signing out of the app on your computer OR
    2. Going to your account online and disconnecting your computer (device) from the account in the Security section of your settings (probably the better way to do it).
  5. Uninstall the Dropbox app from your computer (using an uninstaller like CleanMyMac is best).
  6. OPTIONAL: Trash the old Dropbox folder from Users/<YourUserID> (the new files will be in /Users/<YourUserID>/Library/CloudStorage, so the old files are just taking up space)
  7. Download the most recent beta "Universal Installer" from Desktop Client Builds (Note: the version number may not correspond to what you actually get installed. E.g., my current beta version is 145.2.2188, while the latest downloadable beta version is 144.3.4464. Using the universal installer [with "Early Releases" turned on] will get you whatever is the latest MacOS 12.3 version.)
  8. Install the app and it should walk you through setting it up as a "clean" install and require you to sign back in. This will trigger a new synchronization of your (chosen) folders. You will have to download any that you want offline again, since they are being moved to CloudStorage (which is why I said you could remove your old folder that showed up under "Favorites.")
  9. Things should work at that point!

Good luck and happy syncing!

hsiktas
Helpful | Level 5

I signed out of the desktop app and uninstalled it via CleanMyMac. "Early Releases" was already activated in my preferences, and I manually deleted my ~/Dropbox folder. Then I ran the latest universal installer, signed in, and the app created a new ~/Dropbox folder. It is currently syncing back my ~100000 files, and it already showed me a warning message about Smart-Sync which links to this article: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/macos-12-monterey-support

It seems like a server-side switch has is needed (staged rollout), and currently, it is not my turn yet.

jekratz
Collaborator | Level 9

Not sure this is true (about a server-side switch). So dummy me...I turned on early releases and it promptly went and updated to the latest beta AND created the folder in CloudStorage. But I had to try to be smarter then went and removed everything and did the universal install. Nothing in CloudStorage now and I'm back to the normal Dropbox folder 😉

jekratz
Collaborator | Level 9

So there is a new setting I think in the web UI settings for your user...

"Smart Sync update for Mac" either on of off (off on my setup).  That is in addition to the "Dropbox system extension" setting. Has anyone else seen this and for those having issues with the Monterey setup have you tried turning it on?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jekratz Collaborator | Level 9
    hsiktas Helpful | Level 5
    JWL Photo Collaborator | Level 10
What do Dropbox user levels mean?