cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Build 146.3.4795

Beta Build 146.3.4795

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Offline Installer (Apple Silicon)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II

Still no change log @clientreleases ? 😞

Fabio L.
Experienced | Level 12

Any news on Mac OS 12.3 Support?

Tim T.13
Collaborator | Level 9

I've been on a beta 147.2.2311 build for a while now, with a 147.x build for over a week. The newest beta on this forum is 146.x and has been for a while. What is the deal with rolling out betas to folks via update long before they are posted here?

I'm especially asking because this beta is not good. It doesn't show the cloud upload/download/not-downloaded icons at all, so no way to see what content is local. It doesn't seem to be uploading my files to the cloud, although it is doing local syncs (again, can't tell if the full file is local or just a stub entry.) In short, I 100% cannot depend on Dropbox with this beta that I've been stuck with for a week, and no sign that Dropbox is even acknowledging this beta is in the wild.

I probably need to get off the beta trains. Feels like I'm on alpha, not beta...

Tim T.13
Collaborator | Level 9

... and now updated to 147.2.2811 but still lack icons and no way to see if my files are uploaded or if just stubs exist.

I put 200+ GB in the folder recently and even on a not super-fast pipe Dropbox just acted like syncing was done after a few minutes. I see these new folders in other computers, but the files are clearly not fully downloaded.

I use Dropbox specifically because I like full copies of my files on all my Macs (to use when offline), with the nice benefit of sync and backup. So not knowing if my files are available before I leave the network is not acceptable.

TallTxn
Helpful | Level 5

Don't hold your breath.  Remember, change logs = accountability.  Dropbox customer support is unprofessional and poor.  The Mac version of the software doesn't sync correctly and has so many bugs it makes it unusable.  Chat support is a waste of time.  They can't find account support tickets.  Buyer Beware!  My company has started researching other cloud services options.

KaiserBreton
New member | Level 2

The Information you shared above is great. I have been reading all you shared here. In this you explained everything very well. If i want any further guideline we will contact you here https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/forums/replypage/today-board-id/101003016/message-id/6804

Need more support?