cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Build 148.3.4469

Beta Build 148.3.4469

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Features in this update: 

• We're transitioning to using GUIDs to manage the taskbar icon.
    • Some users will notice their taskbar icon position preferences will not be remembered during the transition.
  • Optimization of large uploads has resumed after restart of the Dropbox client.
  • Transfers can now be sent by link or email during the creation process.
  • Sharing of backup content within the Dropbox desktop app has been suppressed.
    • Sharing of non-backup content within the Dropbox desktop app remains the same.

Fixes in this update: 

• A typo has been corrected in the alert dialogue prompted when users attempt to start backup for a team account with admin disabled.
  • Issues with changing folders for an external drive backup when the folder name contains # has been fixed.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Offline Installer (Apple Silicon)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

20 Replies 20

Mark
Super User II

YAYAYAY!!! 

infektdubstep
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for including a changelog!

Rich
Super User II

@clientreleases wrote:
Features in this update: 

Rich_0-1651157540101.png

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

What is the correct way of reporting bugs?

I am using this build on my M1 MacBook Air and my Dropbox folder has been migrated to ~/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox

All is working OK (after reconfiguring third party apps that sync with Dropbox, to use the new location).

One of these apps is Moneydance which writes transaction details to a syncstore folder on Dropbox.

I have set the folder containing the Moneydance files to "Make available offline" but I keep finding files inside it are online only with a cloud+arrow icon.

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

Getting message "Couldn't start Dropbox" after reboot.

Message says "Contact Dropbox Support with the following info for help", then a link which gives this in a Textedit file:

M1 MacBook Air running macOS 12.3.1

bn.BUILD_KEY: Dropbox
bn.VERSION: 148.3.4469
bn.constants.WINDOWS_SHELL_EXT_VERSION: 52
bn.is_frozen: True
machine_id: 883b0b47-fb95-5df6-8abb-17dae7f4ec70
pid: 883
ppid: 1
uid: 501
user_info: pwd.struct_passwd(pw_name='michaelb', pw_passwd='********', pw_uid=501, pw_gid=20, pw_gecos='michaelb', pw_dir='/Users/michaelb', pw_shell='/bin/zsh')
effective_user_info: pwd.struct_passwd(pw_name='michaelb', pw_passwd='********', pw_uid=501, pw_gid=20, pw_gecos='michaelb', pw_dir='/Users/michaelb', pw_shell='/bin/zsh')
euid: 501
gid: 20
egid: 20
group_info: grp.struct_group(gr_name='staff', gr_passwd='*', gr_gid=20, gr_mem=['root', 'lesleyb'])
effective_group_info: grp.struct_group(gr_name='staff', gr_passwd='*', gr_gid=20, gr_mem=['root', 'lesleyb'])
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH: None
cwd: '/'
     real_path='/'
            mode=0o40755 uid=0 gid=0
     parent mode=0o40755 uid=0 gid=0
HOME: '/Users/michaelb'
appdata: '/Users/michaelb/.dropbox/instance4'
         real_path='/Users/michaelb/.dropbox/instance4'
                mode=0o40700 uid=501 gid=20
         parent mode=0o40755 uid=501 gid=20
dropbox_path: '/Users/michaelb/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox'
              real_path='/Users/michaelb/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox'
sys_executable: '/Applications/Dropbox.app/Contents/MacOS/Dropbox'
                real_path='/Applications/Dropbox.app/Contents/MacOS/Dropbox'
                      mode=0o100755 uid=501 gid=20
trace.__file__: '/Applications/Dropbox.app/Contents/Resources/python-packages.zip/dropbox/client/ui/common/boot_error.pyc'
                real_path='/Applications/Dropbox.app/Contents/Resources/python-packages.zip/dropbox/client/ui/common/boot_error.pyc'
                      not found
                parent not found
tempdir: '/var/folders/b2/rhfx9y3s6tbdm28tk6n2pm7w0000gn/T'
         real_path='/private/var/folders/b2/rhfx9y3s6tbdm28tk6n2pm7w0000gn/T'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "dropbox/client/main.pyc", line 836, in wrapper
  File "dropbox/client/main.pyc", line 6618, in finish_dropbox_boot
  File "dropbox/client/message_queue.pyc", line 311, in _wrapped
  File "dropbox/client/main.pyc", line 6140, in _init_components_for_account
  File "dropbox/client/main.pyc", line 6064, in create_sync_engine
  File "dropbox/sync_engine_boundary/factory.pyc", line 225, in make_sync_engine
  File "dropbox/sync_engine/nucleus/classic_client/sync_engine.pyc", line 252, in __init__
  File "dropbox/sync_engine/nucleus/classic_client/modern_client/modern_client.pyc", line 259, in __init__
  File "dropbox/sync_engine/nucleus/classic_client/modern_client/base.pyc", line 157, in __init__
  File "dropbox/sync_root/fp_helpers.pyc", line 90, in fp_get_temporary_url
dropbox.mac.internal.MacError: [Errno 4099] Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "Error while sending temporaryDirectoryWithCompletionHandler:" UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=Error while sending temporaryDirectoryWithCompletionHandler:, NSUnderlyingError=0x600000cb67c0 {Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection to service named com.apple.FileProvider was invalidated from this process." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection to service named com.apple.FileProvider was invalidated from this process.}}}

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

After writing the previous post, I launched Dropbox form the apps folder, and it started OK. I had tried this before posting but it hadn't worked.

DaVOLD
Collaborator | Level 9

When are you going to fix the Mac OS 12.3 offline files issue?

baliya
Explorer | Level 4

i will wait another 1-2 weeks and after that I will file for refund. 

In this state DP is useless on MacBook 12.3

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

When are you going to fix the Mac OS 12.3 offline files issue?

This build (and several recent betas) supports the 12.3 offline files solution (ie the move to ~/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox) but you may have sign out/uninstall/reinstall/sign in to make it happen..... as I did. 

Need more support?